Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Annoying remote control problem with MyMovies and TMT5 Options · View
2twisty
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 11:02:57 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2579)
OK. I have a really annoying problem with TMT5 and MyMovies.

the only thing I use TMT5 for is playing BD Folders. Everything else is handled through Media Center's standard playback routines using FFDShow, etc.

So, when I play ANYTHING that uses MCE's routines (except Live TV) and then pause it, stop it or let it run until it ends, and then I launch a BD Folder from MyMovies, TMT5 comes up and works great....until I need to pause the playback or use FF or REW.

As soon as I resume playback by pressing the PLAY button, the BD Folder resumes playing fine, but in the background, you can hear the audio from whatever program was playing before TMT5 was loaded.

So, it's like TMT5 is not intercepting the Remote Control signals completely, and Media Center also gets the "PLAY" command.

Thankfully, MyMovies 4 now includes the Resume Feature, so I can exit completely out of TMT5 and then tell MyMovies to resume and then TMT5 will resume playback from where I was without the secondary playback issue.

I consider this to not even be an acceptable workaround, since it takes about 20-30 seconds to complete this cycle when all I wanted to do was pause the show for a moment, or run it back a few seconds to see something I missed.

This phenomenon ONLY occurs when I'm using TMT5 to play BD Folders. Since everything else uses Media Center's native codecs or FFDShow, there's never any confusion as to who the "play" command is issued to.

I posted this on the Arcsoft forum and they asked me to test the behavior if I launched a BD Folder from the MCE Movies library. When I do that, TMT5 works properly, and the Back button gets me back to MCE from the "drives" menu.

So, it seems that this has something to do with the way MyMovies is launching TMT5. I've sunk $100 into MyMovies to get BD support, and $100 into TMT5 to play it. PLease help your paying customer. What information do you need/what diagnostics can I perform?

Please advise.
2twisty
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 11:04:35 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2579)
Also, Im running MyMovies 4.01PR3, but this has been going on even in V3....

Here's where I asked about it last month:

http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=25423

2twisty
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:04:03 PM

Anyone? Brian? I asked about this a month ago and got no response. Please reply.
2twisty
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 1:11:26 AM

oh, come on...

I paid for this software.. how about some support? Or at least acknowledging that you gus have seen this?
carl2005
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 1:46:19 AM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (935003)
calm down, brian i am sure has seen it, but will try to point it out to him and get him to at least comment. but will get him to try to speak up

do you have this issue on iso blu-rays? given thats our recommended format, you may have said but its 1am for me and i not reading it all right now.

My Movies Head Moderator
binnerup
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 8:54:09 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (73501)
2twisty
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 5:53:51 PM

That's not accurate. If I launch a BD Folder from the built-in Movie Library, TMT5 launches and plays it and the remote functions properly. So it's something in the way that MyMovies it launching it.

Is there some function you can call right before TMT5 launches that tells Media Center that the external player is in control? Something like that must be happening with the built-in function.

I suppose I could use ISO, but I've always preferred folders so that if I wanted to rip to MKV it was easier and I would not have to mount an ISO first, and with folders, its easier to batch process.
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:13:28 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (73501)
Some parts will function, some will not.

The problem is that the software controls Media Center though it's SDK, and that is not the one controlling TMT when it is running.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
adidino
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 1:13:14 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3507)
2Twisty -

Try changing your AutoPlay settings in Windows 7 Control Panel to "take no action" in the Bluray disc section. I would set that for DVD's as well.

Tony

My Collection
2twisty
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 4:29:18 PM

binnerup wrote:

The problem is that the software controls Media Center though it's SDK, and that is not the one controlling TMT when it is running.

Strange. So, what's different? When I use the MCE Movies Library, MCE launches TMT, and all is well. When I launch from MyMovies, it doesn't.

I can't believe that others aren't having this problem.

So, what is different about my configuration that is allowing this to present itself?

I'll try disabling the autoplay settings, but I don't think that will do anything.

adidino
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 9:27:45 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3507)
2twisty wrote:
binnerup wrote:

Strange. So, what's different? When I use the MCE Movies Library, MCE launches TMT, and all is well. When I launch from MyMovies, it doesn't.

I can't believe that others aren't having this problem.

So, what is different about my configuration that is allowing this to present itself?

I'll try disabling the autoplay settings, but I don't think that will do anything.

2twisty - It must be isolated to your configuration. I've been running MM +TMT for a couple of years now, without issue. Also, what type of remote receiver are you using? Is it a standard rc-5 ir receiver or does it require drivers and a applet to run (usually ir receivers built into pc cases, iMon for example) require an applet+drivers. If the latter, it's technically taking commands received by your remote and converting them into keyboard commands which, in my experience very problematic.

Tony

My Collection
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 9:39:20 PM

adidino: The problem here is not the IR based remote, but the remote in the My Movies mobile apps.

The difference here is that the only Blu-ray player My Movies can start due to SDK limitations is an external player that looks like an internal.

When it does that, Media Center still runs, and remote events are being sent to the Media Center SDK, and not this external player.

It cannot handle this differently at this point.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
wdpaynter7
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:12:38 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2507)
2twisty wrote:
OK. I have a really annoying problem with TMT5 and MyMovies.

the only thing I use TMT5 for is playing BD Folders. Everything else is handled through Media Center's standard playback routines using FFDShow, etc.

So, when I play ANYTHING that uses MCE's routines (except Live TV) and then pause it, stop it or let it run until it ends, and then I launch a BD Folder from MyMovies, TMT5 comes up and works great....until I need to pause the playback or use FF or REW.

As soon as I resume playback by pressing the PLAY button, the BD Folder resumes playing fine, but in the background, you can hear the audio from whatever program was playing before TMT5 was loaded.

So, it's like TMT5 is not intercepting the Remote Control signals completely, and Media Center also gets the "PLAY" command.

Thankfully, MyMovies 4 now includes the Resume Feature, so I can exit completely out of TMT5 and then tell MyMovies to resume and then TMT5 will resume playback from where I was without the secondary playback issue.

I consider this to not even be an acceptable workaround, since it takes about 20-30 seconds to complete this cycle when all I wanted to do was pause the show for a moment, or run it back a few seconds to see something I missed.

This phenomenon ONLY occurs when I'm using TMT5 to play BD Folders. Since everything else uses Media Center's native codecs or FFDShow, there's never any confusion as to who the "play" command is issued to.

I posted this on the Arcsoft forum and they asked me to test the behavior if I launched a BD Folder from the MCE Movies library. When I do that, TMT5 works properly, and the Back button gets me back to MCE from the "drives" menu.

So, it seems that this has something to do with the way MyMovies is launching TMT5. I've sunk $100 into MyMovies to get BD support, and $100 into TMT5 to play it. PLease help your paying customer. What information do you need/what diagnostics can I perform?

Please advise.

I do not use the MyM remote often, but have had similar issues in the past with other programs. Try using "Pause" instead of "Play" to restart the movie after pausing and/or RR/FF. I know it seems simple, but I bet it'll work.

Let us know.
Thx
BP
adidino
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 11:44:11 PM

binnerup wrote:
adidino: The problem here is not the IR based remote, but the remote in the My Movies mobile apps.

The difference here is that the only Blu-ray player My Movies can start due to SDK limitations is an external player that looks like an internal.

When it does that, Media Center still runs, and remote events are being sent to the Media Center SDK, and not this external player.

It cannot handle this differently at this point.

He's using MM mobile app? I didn't see that mentioned on his original post.

Tony

My Collection