Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Using MyMovies to index all my WTV files created by WMC. Options · View
tedpalmer
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:50:12 AM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
I have used WMC with my Hauppauge TV tuner circuit board to capture over 1,500 WTV files. I'll spare you the content. It is not relevant to the question. I want to keep those files as part of my knowledge base. It would be most helpful to me if I could edit the title after the recording is complete and add a synopsis and search tags based on my assessment of the content after I have seen it. Of course I want to be able to find any unit of content by searching on titles and/or tags with relative easy access to the synopsis of whatever my search result set displays for me. I have been researching your documentation on how best to go about using your product for this purpose with very poor results. If using your product in this way is reasonably feasible, please let me know and give me as much information as you can on where to start. A general description of what I need to accomplish this repurposed use of your product would be most helpful. I'll document my work process and donate the results back to you. So that you can make it available to your current and future user community. I'll also add a comment to a thread on AVSforum and Amazon.com started by Wajeo that has become very long about implementing Magnavox DVRs. I want to share my joy about my new found ultimate solution.

I have lots of experience with Oracle PL/SQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic, and other computer programming languages (COBOL, Java) too numerous to count.
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:43:30 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
tedpalmer
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2016 11:02:58 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
binnerup,

I seek not to "edit meta-data on your WTV files". I have other ways of accomplishing that functionality. By that I mean editing the content. I seek to make repurposed use of the MyMovies software to have as a separate storage place of the titles and synopsis that I write myself. I can store the titles given to WTV files by Windows Media Center in the most appropriate place in MyMovies in order to correlate my written metadata back to the content that I have stored in Windows Media Center (WMC). I was reading one of your "Getting Started" tutoriala on MyMovies 5.10 that mentioned how MyMovies could be used to store information about "VHS, LaserDisc and similar, but without support for barcodes" when I realized the similarities between that and what it is that I want to do. If MyMovies can store information about "VHS, LaserDisc and similar, but without support for barcodes" then it seems to me that the same "technique" for using MyMovies to do that could also be used to store the metadata that I want to capture and store. Is this not true? If it is true, can you direct me to a place in your product documentation where storing metadata about "VHS, LaserDisc and similar, but without support for barcodes" is discussed

Thank you for any assistance that you can provide me.

Ted Palmer