Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Contributions declined with photo of evidence Options · View
stefaand
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2016 11:22:20 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (101814)
Seems something has changed how contribution data is handled.

I now have three titles being declined because the barcode isn't on any of the covers and so i take the trouble to take a photo and submit this together with the title when contributing it.

So what is the problem here ? Are the evidence photos no longer submitted when using version 1.43 of My Movies Pro ?
stefaand
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2017 1:40:22 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (101814)
For information sake, i'm looking into this together with Brian.
andycob
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2017 3:30:06 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (129273)
Not having seen any of these I can't know what if any reason there was for this.

One comment I would make just in case, is were these items like box sets or steelbooks where the barcode is on a data slip attached to the rear or a band that covers the back and partially wraps onto the front? In which case the covers do need to be submitted with those in place, submitting the bare case covers but including the data slip/band etc. in the evidence scan should be rejected because the description, specs etc. and even titling in many cases would be totally absent from the profile if the data slip is removed.

The evidence scan is really meant for situations where the barcode is not on what would be the front or rear cover, e.g. with big box set items it was often on the bottom, but it was not meant to handle parts of the packaging being removed such as removing the slips/bands from steelbooks in order to submit just the bare artwork. Doing that will if noticed lead to rejections or contributions being reverted as the evidence scan is not retained or provided as part of the profile and is only meant for verification of the barcode not recording elements of the packaging that have been removed when they should not have been.

This may be unrelated to this, but it is an issue that has cropped up from time to time where some users really want to contribute just the bare artwork of steelbooks but we need the item as sold with the rear data slip/ bands in place or there is no description and specs etc. on the profile. There are few items which would have covers consisting of little more than a coloured rectangle if the bare artwork was used and so not even have titles without the band that wraps onto the front of some steelbooks.

This is not the same as true 'slip covers' where everything is typically replicated on both and we will accept either version, keeping whichever is uploaded first in high quality unless moderators decide there is some very good reason to pick one version over an another.
stefaand
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:32:36 AM

Andy, understood. There were such cases but not only for steelbooks. In fact almost all releases of UK distributor Anime Ltd. now come with a separate slip containing the description, extras, barcode, ...

I've always contributed those with a scan of the bare back cover and took a photo of the set together with the slip as evidence photo. This was always accepted, except the problem now seems that the evidence photo is no longer send when contributing a title.

I'll stick with your advice for future contributions, in fact have 3 titles in my queue right now to contribute, but i'm waiting for an answer/confirmation from Brian if evidence photo are now send or not for the title which was rejected, in fact this was for 'Escaflowne: Ultimate Edition', with barcode ‘5037899063279’
andycob
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:20:23 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (129273)
If some of these were accepted previously with the bare artwork when the data slip had the description etc. then really they probably should not have been, though not having seen them I can't say for sure but generally where ever a title has a data slip with the description and all the specs etc. on the back (this is different to a slip cover that is a card sleeve open top and bottom that covers the whole case and typically replicates all the details) attached to the rear (and in some cases folding over partially onto the front or with a band that wraps round) then these always should be included in the cover scans, front and back where there are elements that wrap onto the front, so the details, titles, descriptions etc. are on the profile. If you know of titles in your collection where this is not the case it would be good if you good correct the covers if you can.

This is most common with steelbooks and box sets as obviously they tend not to come in standard cases but can apply to almost any item not in 'typical' cases.