Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Multiple/Bulk Edit of Tags, Categories, Location Options · View
sweetblus
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 12:26:21 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (125)
I have tried and looked but it would be amazing and plenty helpful to have bulk edits for Tags, Categories, Location, or anything within the Personal Data areas. I, and like many other have large collections and editing one title at a time would take a significant amount of time. If this has already been implemented please let me know how it can be achieved. I personly use the Android app.

Thank you,
appleturnover
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 12:33:28 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (5124)
Bulk edit of locations (server locations) has been donealready.

When edition get a title, click the disc icon

Use the browse button and browse to new location (do not manually change the field, it will not trigger the bulk edit logic)

CM will then try and detect what titles have moved to the new location and prompt to update those titles, however it will not give you a list of titles moved, just a count

As far as the others you were asking about I am not aware of such logic

FYI: I concede that i may give incorrect feedback, but I will try to be accurate as possible

Window Server Details
Windows Server 2012 Stndrd R2 + ESS: ASROCK 970 Extreme, AMD FX-8300 8Core, 32GB DDR3-1600, 60TB Storage, My Movies for Essential Server 5.23 bld2

My Movies Settings
RedFox AnyDVD (AutoUpdate Enabled): LifeTime License
Virtual Clone Drive: 5.4.8.0
Converter Primary Profile: 10. M4V - Universal High - 1080p, 5.1 and 2.0 Audio
Converter Secondary Profile: Disabled
DVD Format: VIDEO_TS Folders
Blu-Ray: ISO

Mobile Devices
Apple iPadAir 9.7: My Movies for IPad 2.x
Apple iPhone 6 Plus: My Movies for iPad/iPhone 2.x

ChromeCast
Samsung 32inch 1080 LCD
HiSense 40inch 1080 LCD
LG 55inch LED 240hz 3D

Apple TV
Apple TV 2 64GB
Apple TV 2 32GB

DLNA Devices
XBox One 6.2.13332.0

Windows Media Centers
Movie Room: Biostar A68N-5545 AMD APU A8 (miniITX)
Living Room: Biostar A68N-5545 AMD APU A8 (miniITX)

My Collection

* Installing and/or using AnyDVD is illegal in some countries. Users are themselves responsible for complying with local law when installing and using AnyDVD.

dplud
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 11:51:54 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
sweetblus wrote:
I have tried and looked but it would be amazing and plenty helpful to have bulk edits for Tags, Categories, Location, or anything within the Personal Data areas. I, and like many other have large collections and editing one title at a time would take a significant amount of time. If this has already been implemented please let me know how it can be achieved. I personly use the Android app.

Thank you,

I cannot understand why there isn't much more of an outcry for the absence of this feature. I have used a far less sophisticated app previously, and it allowed one to set the location of a disk prior to scanning a bar code. At the least please make it possible to bulk edit the personal data of multiple disks so that I don't have to edit each one individually. I have over a thousand disks in several rooms. I would like not to have to rummage blindly. Many thanks.
sweetblus
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:31:40 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (125)
I see now that this has somewhat been implemented in the past couple of months, but only when adding new titles which is great. Will there be a way to bulk edit titles already in your collection by scanning and then editing personal data fields?

Also it would be great for a drop down selection for personal data fields for say the location already imputed instead of typing it every-time.

Thanks for all the help
vincubed
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 4:12:33 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (11380)
Another voice/vote for this. I'm looking to box up my ripped discs and I want to label the boxes and note in my collection what box each disc is in. Being able to scan the whole box worth of discs then select a single location for the bunch would be wonderful.