Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Triggering Playback from iOS app to Dune Options · View
trackz
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 5:18:31 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1742)
Have a question for those using MyMovies with your Dunes. I started cataloging my rips with Collection Management last night. Synced my mobile apps on iOS. In CM, I'd add the entry and then link the ISO disc rip to each entry as an online file. On my iOS apps, I have the remote configured with the Dune IP address. I can confirm that the MyMovies app remote controls worked to control the unit.

My issue though is when I tried to trigger playback to the Dune off the iOS app for a movie, nothing happened. I pressed Play, then selected the Dune, then the disc to play if multiple discs were there. The iOS app would transition to the remote screen, but the Dune itself did nothing. No playback started.

Note that I have the Dune meta data options in MM CM turned off. I don't have it generating any Dune details. I don't care to navigate MM on the Dune UI at all. I plan to just use the apps only to browse, select, and start playback.

Does the Dune meta data generation perhaps have to be enabled for the app playback to work?

Note also that last night I started fresh. When I first got the Dune last week, I was tinkering with this and was able to trigger playback fine. I am serving rips off a Synology DS2415+.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I also noticed that when I click "save title" in MM CM, no actual XML files or anything are placed with the ISO files on the server.
trackz
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:00:09 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1742)
So, this may be user error actually. Embarassed

I think I set my file paths off a mapped drive in Windows (so Z:\...) instead of using network paths (like \\Server\...). I'm pretty sure that's the root of my issue.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:54:10 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)