Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Wait..what? (Report to a Moderator question) Options · View
stewie redrum
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2017 8:12:12 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (7949)
I'm thinking this may be a misread, but I figure I'd ask.

Recently there was a change to the rating of a Star Wars (upc '024543742180' ) parent from "None" (what it should be) to "PG". I used the "report to moderator" button, saying, Star Wars Episode 3 is PG-13, so this should be "None" for the rating. Thanks!!"

Here is the response I received:

"You unfortunately cannot use the report incorrect data function to request data to be added to profiles.

Our online service is a community driven system, where you as a user can contribute to the service.

Our service contains more than one million titles from around the world, and while we as an exclusive service provide the option to add missing titles, and correct incorrect data, we cannot guarantee full data coverage on all titles.

When using My Movies 2 on iOS or Android you can use the “Add Missing Data” function on the bottom of the details page, from where most profile parts can be contributed.

Alternatively, using our free Windows or Mac OS X software you can contribute to all parts of a profile.

We hope that you will help contributing the requested data yourself through the provided options, for the benefit of yourself and all other users. Should you have any questions regarding this process, our support is always available on support@mymovies.dk.

Thank you for supporting our service."

That bolded response makes zero sense to the report. Normally, I would respond to the email, but this particular moderator has never responded to my questions/clarifications. It's always one-way canned answers with no reply when asked for clarification. So any clarity that can be provided here would be useful as I have no idea what this response is supposed to mean.

Thanks!

lostinva
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2017 11:08:32 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (423273)
Probably a miss-understanding of the report.

There has been a change in direction in handling requests to ADD data from iOS/Android users, so they're now telling those users they can make said changes themselves.

My Movies Moderator
andycob
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2017 11:09:03 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (126209)
I suspect this is a miss read based on how you wrote your report.

The report incorrect data is meant for reporting errors, not requesting additions, and while I can't know how you wrote your original report what you put in here sounds like a request for a rating to be added to something.

As a technicality the rating of all USA movie box set parents should typically be 'none' as the MPAA does not issue a rating for the actual box set. This is different in other countries e.g. the UK where the box set itself also has to carry a rating. So you are correct, and I have made corrections.

Technically the front cover is also incorrect as the box top or fold-over from the rear has been incorrectly removed and it should be included but that will need a user to contribute a matching set of scans.

Hah lostinva posted while I had this open and was making corrections.
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2017 10:25:01 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
I would like to receive this communication on support@mymovies.dk.

Overall - our staff have been instructed to no longer accept users using the report incorrect data function to request data to be added to profiles, as the client now have the options for them to add and contribute the data themselves.

Therefore, you should only get the response you did if the data was not already present.

And, in the future, if you feel that you do not get reasonable replies to an email, or no reply at all after a few days, contact our support on support@mymovies.dk - the staff is instructed to reply to all emails, or forward to support, but we know that is not what they are best at.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
stewie redrum
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2017 6:16:00 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (7949)
Thanks all, and binnerup, I will send you an email right now.

FWIW, this is exactly what I put in the ticket (which I will forward to you):

"Star Wars Episode 3 is PG-13, so this should be "None" for the rating. Thanks!!""

The change was going from None to PG-13. I was simply asking to revert the change, nothing more.
andycob
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2017 10:26:49 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (126209)
That may well explain it, then as that report is rather confusing as it was the box set parent itself whose rating was changed incorrectly from none to PG, and not episode 3 whose rating has nothing to do with it, the basis for setting 'none' as the rating on USA movie box set parents is that the MPAA does not issue them ratings so technically they don't have one.
stewie redrum
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 1:23:38 AM

Even if that's the case, communication would have cleared it up. Cool
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 7:41:06 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
kiryuinsatsuki
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2017 6:10:20 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (4052)
Hello.

I received the same message when I reported incorrect data on this:

http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=43038

Actually, I tried twice to report incorrect data - the barcode, title, and type are all wrong, and in both cases I was told they won't add data to a profile, which I hadn't asked for. I wanted this mistake corrected. :-(

I've emailed support but haven't heard anything back yet.
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 12:32:28 PM

kiryuinsatsuki
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2017 1:42:20 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (4052)
Just wanted to let you know that I filled out another report and the issue was resolved.

Thanks!
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2017 11:20:41 PM