The titles in your collection is tied to your My Movies user account and have their primary storage on My Movies online servers - they are additionally stored locally on your device in a database, allowing you to quickly display, filter and search titles, even when your device is not connected to the internet.
Keeping track of your collection through our online servers gives you a high number of benefits:
- You can use the same collection on multiple devices, allowing the whole household to maintain the collection at the same time. If one member adds a title to the collection, other members will be asked to synchronize their device, and will see the addition instantly.
- If you change your device, you do not have to worry about transferring your collection to the new device. Simply log on to your user account from the new device and allow it to synchronize your collection.
- You can mix usage between My Movies for Android Light and My Movies for Android Pro in case where you only want to upgrade one of multiple household devices to My Movies for Android Pro.
- You can use the application on the device by itself, or you can use our My Movies software for Windows to maintain your collection.
- Should the unfortunate event occur that the database on your device corrupts, you can remove and re-install the application and allow it to fully re-sync the collection from our servers and you will not have lost data.