Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

[Fixed] Mymovies service constantly accessing UHD files on NAS Options · View
jompjomp
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 12:23:24 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3652)
This is a bit of a puzzler.

I keep all of my movies on a NAS (unRaid) that spins the disks down after a period inactivity. I’ve noticed lately that a lot of the drives are not spinng down. I’ve traced it to the My Movies service constantly querying UHD files on the NAS. It doesn’t seem to query any other types of files other than the UHD .iso files. It just seems to access them over and over, often enough that the drives can’t spin down due to inactivity. Do you have any thoughts on what’s going on here?

*Edit: Fixed with newest beta, thanks!
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 10:24:28 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
jompjomp
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 8:58:03 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3652)

Log attached.

The 4k UHD discs seem to be triggering this over and over, even though they have already been put in the database and nothing has changed? That's all my untrained eyes can see in the log.

2018-11-25 10:00:36 . 55 - Common.ProcessMediaInfoUpdate - Updating media info for title with id '5007', which has an unknown format, and have not been checked for six hours, or have a lower version than the current.
mbarnstijn
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 12:16:34 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (107876)
@binnerup

I have the same thing happening as well. I had to turn off the My Movies General Service while copying a backup to the NAS where I've got my 4K Ultra HD ISO files stored, because the service was constantly reading from the NAS and reducing my bandwidth by half!

Here's my log file, too.

It would seem the General Service is constantly re-scanning ALL the media files associated with any title that has 4K Ultra HD disc in it.

During the capture of this log file I stopped and then restarted the General Service at time stamp 18:01:23/18:01:37.

Note that after restarting it re-scans ISO files in titles that it had already scanned earlier.

It seems there is an error scanning 4K titles that causes the results of the scan to be lost, so that the General Service does it over and over...

--michael

File Attachment(s):
log.txt (1,472kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:42:09 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
It appears from the log that it cannot check the media info successfully, and then the process which should ensure that it would not be checked again for six hours is not working correct.

I will look into it.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:55:28 AM

There appear to be a difference between the two logs here.

I can find one issue initially - the six hours it should wait for something to be re-scanned appears to be one despite what log says, because of an error in the SQL.

jompjomp, do you experience that it continues to scan the same title over and over? Because it does appear that it should not re-scan a title within 1 hour based on your log?

mbarnstijn, your situation does look to be different because you have two discs of the same title, and it does appear that this could cause a loop over it - am I correct that you have both the UHD and Blu-ray of the same title stored? I just need confirmation to ensure that I am not looking at something incorrect...

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

mbarnstijn
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 12:55:48 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (107876)
Yes, I rip and store backups of the UHD and the Blu-ray discs for all my 4K titles. I do store them in separate folders. Most 4K disc titles have the bonus video features only on the Blu-ray disc.
mbarnstijn
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 3:10:19 PM

Also, the 4K ISO and Blu-ray ISO have different names; I use a suffix (end of the name) to distinguish between the 4K and the Blu-ray ISO. I did that just in case there might ever be a reason to put the ISOs together in one folder.
jompjomp
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 7:47:53 PM

binnerup wrote:
There appear to be a difference between the two logs here.

I can find one issue initially - the six hours it should wait for something to be re-scanned appears to be one despite what log says, because of an error in the SQL.

jompjomp, do you experience that it continues to scan the same title over and over? Because it does appear that it should not re-scan a title within 1 hour based on your log?

I’m currently running the logging longer, to see if any of them repeat more often than once every 6 hours. What is it with the 4K files that makes them continually get re-scanned? None of the other formats in my library exhibit this behavior.

**Edit** Yes it's checking 4k files more than once every six hours..
mbarnstijn
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 8:18:50 PM

Any idea why it is scanning the 4K titles over and over, and why it scans ALL the discs that are part of a 4K title, whether they are 4K discs or not?

Is there no way to work around this?

@binnerup I did answer your questions about titles with multiple discs: each disc ISO is in a DIFFERENT named folder. Also all discs have DIFFERENT names: 4K is called "title- 4K Ultra HD.iso" and blu-ray is "title- blu-ray.iso". There are NO duplicate ISO names on any specific NAS storing my collection's ISO files.

--michael
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 12:39:39 PM

jompjomp
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:54:03 PM

binnerup wrote:
Hi Michael,

I finally got around to look at this now - can I get you to contact support@mymovies.dk, and I will send you a test release where media info is updated to check?

I sent you an email too, since I also have this problem and can test the fix.
mbarnstijn
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2019 4:48:34 PM

@jompjomp, the pre-release v5.25pr1 that was made available to me reduces the scanning frequency to once every six hours, but it still scans. @binnerup has discovered this is because the mediainfo scanner built into Collection Management doesn't recognize UHD discs. That will probably be fixed soon.

However, I have told @binnerup that v5.25pr1 has a number of problems that you might not like, including:

1. No named MPLS files in the Blu-ray disc structure menus when choosing the main feature playlist for a movie. Cannot relate the internal "title" to the real disc MPLS number. This is a step back from v5.24 which does show the MPLS file names.

2. If there are ANY Actor names in the ACTORS list of a NEW disc title, unless those names are inherited from the MOVIE, the title cannot be saved. Constant busy signal and CM shows "Updating title..." forever in the status line. You can navigate away from the title (choosing "NO" when asked if you want to save) and back again, where it then shows a few actors in the list but not nearly the entire list. Then it does the same thing again if you try to save that title even if you don't add any more actors. The rotating clock hand busy signal remains spinning above all the windows until you exit Collection Management.

3. If you manually try to update actors & crew from the CM menus (Web Service->Update Actors and Crew) the process will NOT complete, with symptoms similar to above except you cannot stop it without exiting forcing Collection Management to stop from the Task Manager.

4. genres are still not downloaded and stored into a title.

I have provided @binnerup log files for some of these problems with the pre-release.

Cheers,

--michael
binnerup
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2019 9:24:42 AM

Thanks for the feedback Michael,

I will reply here for others to follow.

1) There are no changes in this section, but based on when (under which software version) the chapter structure was read, the are no MPLS file information in the stored info, and then the disc details must be re-read for this to show. If you are reading from a 4K disc, there may be an issue with this (I have not checked this specifically on 4K discs).

2) There are some ongoing work on person profiles - I thought I had the various issues handled around the unfinished stuff before sending it to you, but I will continue the work on this to resolve.

3) Same issue as 2.

4) I cannot at this time say if we will get this back in or not.

binnerup
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2019 9:34:38 AM

Some details of what I have found on the 4K files.

What the software does is that it extracts some files from the ISO file - this is going all well as it was with normal non-4K titles - then it uses MediaInfo to read media information about those files, and since 4K have a new video format, MediaInfo in the current latest version does not read a video part of these files, which it does for non-4K titles.

The problem then is that when no video format is stored in the database, the software sees it as a read error, and then it will try to re-check it every 6 hours (there was previously a bug causing it to check more often).

This will be the case until MediaInfo supports this, or we create a different way of reading the information.

The reason it re-reads instead of just ignoring the media when no format could be found is that the disc can be in the middle of copying when reading, and then it needs to re-read it later.

jompjomp
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2019 6:23:28 PM

binnerup wrote:
Some details of what I have found on the 4K files.

What the software does is that it extracts some files from the ISO file - this is going all well as it was with normal non-4K titles - then it uses MediaInfo to read media information about those files, and since 4K have a new video format, MediaInfo in the current latest version does not read a video part of these files, which it does for non-4K titles.

The problem then is that when no video format is stored in the database, the software sees it as a read error, and then it will try to re-check it every 6 hours (there was previously a bug causing it to check more often).

This will be the case until MediaInfo supports this, or we create a different way of reading the information.

The reason it re-reads instead of just ignoring the media when no format could be found is that the disc can be in the middle of copying when reading, and then it needs to re-read it later.

Hopefully there can be some kind of fixed, it’s really annoying to have hard drives keep spinning up and down endlessly.