Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Mymovies service constantly accessing UHD files on NAS Options · View
jompjomp
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 12:23:24 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3636)

This is a bit of a puzzler.

I keep all of my movies on a NAS (unRaid) that spins the disks down after a period inactivity. I’ve noticed lately that a lot of the drives are not spinng down. I’ve traced it to the My Movies service constantly querying UHD files on the NAS. It doesn’t seem to query any other types of files other than the UHD .iso files. It just seems to access them over and over, often enough that the drives can’t spin down due to inactivity. Do you have any thoughts on what’s going on here?
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 10:24:28 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
jompjomp
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 8:58:03 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3636)

Log attached.

The 4k UHD discs seem to be triggering this over and over, even though they have already been put in the database and nothing has changed? That's all my untrained eyes can see in the log.

2018-11-25 10:00:36 . 55 - Common.ProcessMediaInfoUpdate - Updating media info for title with id '5007', which has an unknown format, and have not been checked for six hours, or have a lower version than the current.

File Attachment(s):
log.txt (1,074kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

mbarnstijn
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 12:16:34 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (104116)
@binnerup

I have the same thing happening as well. I had to turn off the My Movies General Service while copying a backup to the NAS where I've got my 4K Ultra HD ISO files stored, because the service was constantly reading from the NAS and reducing my bandwidth by half!

Here's my log file, too.

It would seem the General Service is constantly re-scanning ALL the media files associated with any title that has 4K Ultra HD disc in it.

During the capture of this log file I stopped and then restarted the General Service at time stamp 18:01:23/18:01:37.

Note that after restarting it re-scans ISO files in titles that it had already scanned earlier.

It seems there is an error scanning 4K titles that causes the results of the scan to be lost, so that the General Service does it over and over...

--michael

File Attachment(s):
log.txt (1,472kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:42:09 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
It appears from the log that it cannot check the media info successfully, and then the process which should ensure that it would not be checked again for six hours is not working correct.

I will look into it.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:55:28 AM

There appear to be a difference between the two logs here.

I can find one issue initially - the six hours it should wait for something to be re-scanned appears to be one despite what log says, because of an error in the SQL.

jompjomp, do you experience that it continues to scan the same title over and over? Because it does appear that it should not re-scan a title within 1 hour based on your log?

mbarnstijn, your situation does look to be different because you have two discs of the same title, and it does appear that this could cause a loop over it - am I correct that you have both the UHD and Blu-ray of the same title stored? I just need confirmation to ensure that I am not looking at something incorrect...

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
mbarnstijn
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 12:55:48 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (104116)
Yes, I rip and store backups of the UHD and the Blu-ray discs for all my 4K titles. I do store them in separate folders. Most 4K disc titles have the bonus video features only on the Blu-ray disc.
mbarnstijn
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 3:10:19 PM

Also, the 4K ISO and Blu-ray ISO have different names; I use a suffix (end of the name) to distinguish between the 4K and the Blu-ray ISO. I did that just in case there might ever be a reason to put the ISOs together in one folder.
jompjomp
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 7:47:53 PM

binnerup wrote:
There appear to be a difference between the two logs here.

I can find one issue initially - the six hours it should wait for something to be re-scanned appears to be one despite what log says, because of an error in the SQL.

jompjomp, do you experience that it continues to scan the same title over and over? Because it does appear that it should not re-scan a title within 1 hour based on your log?

I’m currently running the logging longer, to see if any of them repeat more often than once every 6 hours. What is it with the 4K files that makes them continually get re-scanned? None of the other formats in my library exhibit this behavior.

**Edit** Yes it's checking 4k files more than once every six hours..

2018-12-04 11:03:38 . 32 - Common.SaveMediaInfo - Checking directory '\\MEDIA\disk20\Movies\Sicario (2015) - UHD'.
2018-12-04 12:04:20 . 43 - Common.SaveMediaInfo - Checking directory '\\MEDIA\disk20\Movies\Sicario (2015) - UHD'.
2018-12-04 13:05:25 . 75 - Common.SaveMediaInfo - Checking directory '\\MEDIA\disk20\Movies\Sicario (2015) - UHD'.
2018-12-04 14:04:32 . 35 - Common.SaveMediaInfo - Checking directory '\\MEDIA\disk20\Movies\Sicario (2015) - UHD'.