Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Unable to Contribute Large Box Set Due to Cryptic Error (Related to Cover Art?) Options · View
jhaigh
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 10:30:53 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (658)
I posted this same issue back in September but never got a reply. The problem was never fixed so I hope someone will take note of this and offer either a solution or acknowledge that a fix is being worked on:

When I attempt to contribute the title info and cover art for a very large box set (it's a Warner Bros collection with 50 titles in it), I am able to proceed through most of the process and the progress bar shows it submitting the cover art, but then it freezes and then I get a cryptic error message which prevents me from continuing or successfully contributing the set.

I have attached a screenshot of what what it looks like when it freezes and a screenshot of the error message, as well as the log file. It is worth noting that the two random strings of characters in the error pop-up (8e0... and bb7...) are different every time I try to submit the box set but the screenshot attached documents the same instance as the log file.

Also worth noting is that because of this issue, I am also unable to use the android app. The app forces me to sync my collection before allowing me to do anything, but when I attempt to do so, I get an error message about the cover art from this collection (screenshot from my phone also attached).

It took me a VERY long time to get this box set ready for submission so I hope someone can look into this as if I am forced to delete it just in order to be able to use the app I paid for, it would represent the loss of hours of work.

Thanks in advance!

File Attachment(s):
log - Jan 6 2019.txt (2,854kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Screen 1 (frozen).jpg (391kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
Screen 2 (error message).jpg (402kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
Screenshot_20190106-161959.png (491kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

jhaigh
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 9:05:20 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (658)
I forgot to say I'm running 5.24 on Windows 10 x64.
binnerup
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 8:51:04 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
Hi,

This occurs because one of the child titles was created on a prior version, before manually created titles was uploaded to the service automatically - the contribution option cannot handle that.

Can you show a screenshot of the box set open in the left side menu?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
jhaigh
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 8:38:16 PM

binnerup wrote:
Hi,

This occurs because one of the child titles was created on a prior version, before manually created titles was uploaded to the service automatically - the contribution option cannot handle that.

Can you show a screenshot of the box set open in the left side menu?

Thanks for the heads up! I've attached screenshots of the box set open in the left side menu with all the titles fully expanded (in case that's useful). Because it's such a large box set, I had to split it up over three images. The edition I'm trying to contribute is a Canadian edition; I've also included screenshots on the US edition which I used as a template, in case that's also useful to have. The main difference between the two is that the US version includes Gigi, whereas the Canadian version includes Jailhouse Rock (don't ask me why).

Once the child title creating the issue is identified, how do I go about fixing it? Would I delete the child title and then re-add it from scratch (ie filling out all the information manually as opposed to copying from an existing title in the database)? Or would I have to do something else?

File Attachment(s):
Canadian Warner Box Set 1 of 3.jpg (557kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
Canadian Warner Box Set 2 of 3.jpg (559kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Canadian Warner Box Set 3 of 3.jpg (563kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
US Warner Box Set 1 of 2.jpg (560kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
US Warner Box Set 2 of 2.jpg (555kb) downloaded 1 time(s).