Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Studios Options · View
woelfie
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2019 1:12:54 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (8229)
One of the items in the detail section is the field "Studios". It is not clear at all what kind of studio is meant here. It can be the production studio, the distributor, the animation studio for animated features, etc.
I would prefer to have a separate field "Distribution Company", "Production Company" and "Animation Studio".
Any other suggestions on how to approve this?
andycob
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2019 10:17:27 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (132074)
Did you look in the guidelines in the How-To?

From the guidelines:

Studios
Studios refer to the studios which released the movie in theaters, the production companies which actually made the film, and the distributing studio on disc, and must be added in that order:

1.Studio behind the theatrical release
2.Production company or companies
3.Disc distribution company

It is required to at least specify the studios mentioned on the back cover on the title, contributing only some of the studios listed on the titles back cover will be considered an invalid contribution.
woelfie
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2019 10:40:42 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (8229)
Oh my.
My apologies, but I've read so much of the contribution pages, that I must have completely missed that one :(
Thanks for the clear explanation. I was reluctant to add a lot of info, as I was not sure about this, so I'll check if I can add some more.
theodicean
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:45:51 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (11471)
Would it be possible to add separate listboxes for this or a information about these rules in the app? I find myself having to recheck the rules for this quite often and I think the current system is prone to errors.