Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

OPPO in 5.25 PR1 Options · View
hart2hart
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2019 1:26:12 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (4744)
Current Oppo users, what does the following translate to mean? "Oppo bridge functonality was updated to use a different communication protocol for remote control, with better power state feedback. This also includes experimental support for remote playback."

Does it mean from a movie interface, the software sends commands to Oppo to mount a specific image and begin playing? I've been considering one of the Oppo media players and wondered what the impact of this change is? If it does something to this effect then it becomes much more attractive for playing back 4K UHD conent.
waffles
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:17:35 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2502)
hart2hart wrote:
Current Oppo users, what does the following translate to mean? "Oppo bridge functonality was updated to use a different communication protocol for remote control, with better power state feedback. This also includes experimental support for remote playback."

Does it mean from a movie interface, the software sends commands to Oppo to mount a specific image and begin playing? I've been considering one of the Oppo media players and wondered what the impact of this change is? If it does something to this effect then it becomes much more attractive for playing back 4K UHD conent.

I believe this is what it means. Is there any documentation available on how to set it up? I searched the forum, the wiki and the knowledge base, but came up empty.
waffles
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 9:19:20 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2502)
@binnerup; could you please provide some guidance on how to set up the oppo bridge functionality? I would be very interested in testing it and to provide feedback for a future production release.
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 7:28:20 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
Be aware that it currently is only confirmed to work with the 10X models, and not the 203.

In the Windows app, go to "Tools", "Settings", "Remote Control Server" - add a bridge device of type "Oppo" and add the IP of the Oppo.

Now on the app, go to settings, remote control, and add the Windows IP as a remote device - OR use the connect to server option, which will prompt to also add bridge devices.

Once added, the My Movies app will communicate with the My Movies server, which will communicate with the Oppo - therefore the name bridge.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
waffles
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:38:38 PM

binnerup wrote:
Be aware that it currently is only confirmed to work with the 10X models, and not the 203.

In the Windows app, go to "Tools", "Settings", "Remote Control Server" - add a bridge device of type "Oppo" and add the IP of the Oppo.

Now on the app, go to settings, remote control, and add the Windows IP as a remote device - OR use the connect to server option, which will prompt to also add bridge devices.

Once added, the My Movies app will communicate with the My Movies server, which will communicate with the Oppo - therefore the name bridge.

Thanks much Brian!

I set it up and here are my findings so far:

Set up:
- Oppo 103D,
- Oppo 203
- My Movies (latest Beta) running on Win 10 PC, that also hosts the media
- MyMovies app (latest version) running on iPad Air and iPad Mini2

Tested/results:

DVD as iso; linked in MyMovies as Location Type Online (File):
=> app shows Connection Problem screen
=> oppo 103: media seems to load after some 15-20 sec, but ultimately locks up the oppo (hangs on Oppo's intro screen). I have to power cycle the Oppo to get it back to normal => FAIL

DVD as iso; linked in MyMovies as Location Type Online (Folder):
=> oppo 103: media seems to load after some 15-20 sec, but ultimately locks up the oppo (hangs on Oppo's intro screen). I have to power cycle the Oppo to get it back to normal => FAIL

Blu Ray as iso; linked in MyMovies as Location Type Online (File):
=> oppo 103: media starts to play after some 15 sec => OK

Blu Ray as iso; linked in MyMovies as Location Type Online (Folder):
=> oppo 103: media starts to play after some 15 sec; if there are more than (1) iso in the folder, it always seems to play the 1. one (alphabetically) => FAIL

UHD as BDMV folder; linked in MyMovies as Location Type Online (Folder):
=> oppo 203: no load; stay on home screen => FAIL

Note:
- The Oppo player has to be turned on.
- With the Oppo GUI I can manually navigate to above mentioned titles/formats through the network and launch the titles just fine. They launch within a few moments (not counting the time it takes me to navigate there)

So to summarize, with the exception if directly linking BR iso I was not able to launch a disk. Also this comes with an error message.

@Brian, hope this helps. Please let me know if you want me to test anything else.

I would be REALLY, REALLY interested in getting this to work. I used to have a Dune Smart and the Dune/MyMovies combo worked great. I since replaced the Smart with an HD Pro 4K, but their f/w development doesn't seem to go anywhere, so it has been collecting dust for about a year.....