Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

GDI+ error? Options · View
bhevle
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 11:28:17 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2097)
When trying to create a multi case boxset for Dick Maas Collectie, i get this error of "A general error has occurred in GDI+" at the end, when i pressed the Finish button, then immediatly it appears.

Is this something in the software? As i never had this before while creating a boxset.

My windows 10 is all up to date with the latest updates installed.

I'm using the latest version of the program.

File Attachment(s):
error.png (882kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 3:29:23 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
bhevle
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 4:58:57 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2097)
Can you tell me how to post a log of it?
I will do it once i got the time, because i need to go soon to a friend of mine.
bhevle
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 11:00:28 AM

ok, i made the log. Attaching the file.

Look around this line with the CTRL+F function: 2019-03-23 10:51:20

This is where i see the boxset is starting to be created till the part the GDI error came. Or search with CTRL+F to GDI :P

File Attachment(s):
My Movies.rar (347kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

bhevle
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 10:04:35 PM

binnerup wrote:
This indicates that there is a problem with the image the guide is trying to process - but try posting a log..

Posted a log and added to rar format... Doesn't mather these days if it's rar or zip...
bhevle
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2019 1:47:53 PM

Ok, so i tried adding Night at the Museum boxset. Done again with multicase... Same error happens, i think the problem is in the software. I really hope there's something you can do about it, because there's a lot to add to the database!

But still waiting for a reply....
bhevle
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2019 5:46:25 PM

I tried something else:

This time i tried creating a boxset as Single Case, this time i had NO error of GDI+. Everything went well, but only that the child titles needed to be 0000000000000. Too bad it gave an error on that so i couldn't submit everything.

So there seems to be a problem in the part while selecting Multi Case and the steps i need to follow that results in getting the GDI+ error...

Please someone of the moderators/team look into it, and PLEASE download the DAMN LOG!!!
andycob
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 1:16:22 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (132078)
What do you mean by multi-case? are you trying to create nested sets? because you can't do that.

Box sets always just consist of a set of child titles under the parent regardless of how the item is packaged. Box sets are based on the content not the packaging, e.g. even a single case item with two different movies is a box set with one child for each movie. So a box set always consists of only a parent and then a child title for each movie contained (and potentially childs for set bonus discs).
bhevle
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 7:16:06 PM

ok, i see. But now i got a message from one of the team members, why not take a look to see what's wrong in the log? So it can be fixed, and i can add more to the database of what's needed!
mbarnstijn
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 9:49:01 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (109633)
@andycob, I think the OP is talking about the new "Create Box Set" option that you can select when you right-click a parent title in the Title list. After selecting how many child titles are in the box set, and then naming each child title, you have to choose a case type, either Single Case or Multi Case. I've used both the Single Case and Multi Case for making box sets, where necessary, and not had any trouble with either box set creation method. I don't know why a Multi Case box set would cause trouble for the OP.

--michael
andycob
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 5:28:09 AM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (132078)
That could be, it will need the devs for a look at a log, I just read the post and wanted to check it wasn't something like trying to create a nested set which you can't do. I don't think the current versions (or last several versions) will let you even try to create a nested set but at some points in the past I think in an older version trying would cause an error.
bhevle
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 7:44:03 AM

mbarnstijn wrote:
@andycob, I think the OP is talking about the new "Create Box Set" option that you can select when you right-click a parent title in the Title list. After selecting how many child titles are in the box set, and then naming each child title, you have to choose a case type, either Single Case or Multi Case. I've used both the Single Case and Multi Case for making box sets, where necessary, and not had any trouble with either box set creation method. I don't know why a Multi Case box set would cause trouble for the OP.

--michael

This is exactly what i mean.

But must say, when i import the covers, i only click on "Front Cover" and then apply the full cover scan, and will split automaticly because i got a message of "are you sure you want to do this" All the time i click on "yes" or "ok" and it works without giving an error.

But only at the end when processing it immediatly gives the GDI+ error. Only having it when selecting Multi Case and not on Single Case.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 10:15:56 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
bhevle
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 6:46:00 PM

ok, here's the log. This time in zip.

Just follow the search instructions to get to the GDI problem.

File Attachment(s):
mymovieslog.zip (701kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2019 9:21:20 AM

I can't see anything here - can you:

- Post the front and back cover of the title you use as parent.
- Take a screenshot of each step of your selection in the guide until it fails.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
bhevle
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2019 6:03:34 PM

ok, here's the zip for step by step.
And the scanned covers i try to add.

Must say as well that i uninstalled the program and installed back again, but the error stays.

I also skipped some steps, because they're the same when adding covers and copy and paste the IMDB code.

File Attachment(s):
covers.zip (5,979kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
1.png (1,472kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
2.png (1,496kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
3.png (1,497kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
4.png (1,495kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
5.png (1,260kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
6.png (1,708kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
7.png (1,496kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
8.png (1,500kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
9.png (1,711kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
10.png (1,499kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
11.png (1,145kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
12.png (1,498kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
13.png (1,498kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
14.png (1,493kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
15.png (1,501kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

bhevle
Posted: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 7:42:21 PM

bump
bhevle
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2019 10:27:18 AM

Ok guys,

Just found the solution: It has to do with the part where i add the full cover. Like see for example if you download number 8.png
What i did was really simple but not necessary, i cropped all of the covers by making a back and front of it.

Now i added them seperatly as front cover and a back cover.

Somehow it worked, i think this is bug in the program?