Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Invalid Barcode Options · View
drdjr50
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 4:50:11 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (18656)
I recently received the Television boxset of Marvel The Defenders The Complete First Season on DVD (Region1). When i tried to add it through collection manager using barcode i would get no response. When i would try to add it using title it would just find Television series mapped profile but not dvd disc profile, when i try to add it using "by manual typing" i get an error message "The title "Marvel The Defenders" could not be added, There was a problem adding the title to the online service There was error contributing data The barcode entered is not valid". I was told by a moderator to add is using Report Missing Title. When i tried that i got the same invalid barcode error message. How can i ad? How can i add this title with the proper barcode as a DVD profile?
andycob
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 5:39:35 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (132237)
Please provide as much detail on the title as possible such as the barcode and country and place of purchase. The system checks barcodes for validity so either the item you have has an issue or there is something odd about the specific barcode making it appear invalid.

It could be the barcode has a printing error or something similar or is just unusual in some way or the item could be fake/bootleg etc. but the barcode and maybe covers images would certainly help to check.
drdjr50
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2019 9:12:27 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (18656)
I have come across this issue with two other titles. Do i submit all the information about these titles that you advised to this forum or is there a proper procedure thru the website or app, to submit?
andycob
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2019 5:07:00 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (132237)
You haven't even said what the barcode is, so we can't check it.

Your original post fundamentally doesn't make sense in several ways because adding by title would not find the TV series data unless you also changed from adding a disc title to adding a TV series. so right now still have no idea if this is user error or an issue with the item.
drdjr50
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:49:04 AM

I appologize I did not mean to anger you nor did I realize you needed to know what the barcode is, in order to tell me how to submit the errored information, so here it goes.....

Title: Marvel The Punisher The Complete First Season
Barcode: 031398263109

Using Collection Manager trying to add title:
By barcode: not found
By disc ID: no recognition
By title: no results found
By manual typing: Invalid barcode

Mobile App trying to add title:
By scanner: it brings up title "Stranger Things" under barcode 031398262985
By title: no results
By barcode: receive message "there were no titles found with the given criteria"
By using Create Title: invalid barcode
By using report missing title: invalid barcode

Title: Marvel Daredevil The Complete Third Season
Barcode: 786936854699

Using Collection Manager trying to add title:
By barcode: not found
By disc ID: no recognition
By title: no results found
By manual typing: Invalid barcode

Mobile App trying to add title:
By scanner: it brings up title "Marvel Daredevil The Complete Second Season" under barcode 786936854695
By title: no results
By barcode: receive message "there were no titles found with the given criteria"
By using Create Title: invalid barcode
By using report missing title: invalid barcode

I hope this helps for your assistance is greatly needed and appreciated!
andycob
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:18:08 PM

My post wasn't meant to seem angry just without the barcode there's nothing to check.

Based on a quick google of the barcode 031398263109 this item is a fake/bootleg, albeit a very good looking one, the series has apparently not yet had any official disc release. That is why the barcode comes up invalid, so you wont be able to add this item to the database.

786936854699 has no results.
786936854695 has a result to a bunch of dodgy looking sources and one via a marketplace on a normally reliable store but as its a marketplace seller not the store its also likely fake.

My suspicion is these are all fake/bootleg items hence why the barcodes scan to different items and the listed numbers come back invalid.

That said I have managed to find what appears to be some of them even on amazon but while fulfilled by them its not sold by them and interestingly not found by barcode.

Either there is something off with the codes used on these items or they are fakes. In every case where I can find a retail reference at all its a marketplace seller not the store which coupled with the invalid codes is extremely suspicions, that I can find 031398263109 specifically mentioned as a bootleg/fake with a statement that it doesn't have an official disc release yet tend to reinforce that these are most likely all fakes.