Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

iOS: Image Synchronization with TheTVDB database Options · View
6thday
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 3:56:06 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
If an image in the latest My Movies version has synchronized with TheTVDB's database to fetch a new image, for example a TV episode image. But then the image for the same episode was updated again on MyTVDB, does My Movies synchronize and fetch the latest image during the next periodic synchronization?

If it "should", then there's bug because it does not currently do that with many of the episodes I have in My Movies.

If it doesn't, does that mean we need to manually report the inaccurate data in the app?.....Because I've reported this type of issue at least a month ago, and it has still not been resolved.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 8:59:33 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
It depends on the situation - overall, the service does not delete images once downloaded - all other data, but not the images.

Can you give an example here with some screenshots?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
6thday
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 9:10:30 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
binnerup wrote:
It depends on the situation - overall, the service does not delete images once downloaded - all other data, but not the images.

Can you give an example here with some screenshots?

VS

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/expedition-unknown/episodes/7175553

"the service does not delete images once downloaded - all other data, but not the images." - In that case I need to report inaccurate data for all episodes with incorrect images, and the admins have to manually update the images?........assuming they don't ignore it.

Seems rather tedious and counter-intuitive to me. When it periodically synchronizes, My Movies should update with whatever the latest changes are on TheTVDB's database.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 1:23:01 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
It is far from that simple - our service is not a direct mirror TheTVDB.com - we load the data as a base for having data, but then stop importing on titles when users contribute to data on our side.

We do not currently process incorrect data reports on TV episode images, and the correct way of handling is therefore to contribute what is correct.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
6thday
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2019 6:31:46 AM

I assume since the user has to contribute any updated images via the My Movies Windows app, it will be synchronized with the iOS app during its next synchronization cycle?
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2019 7:21:22 AM

6thday
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2019 9:02:26 AM

In somewhat related to this, how does My Movies handle TV episodes that does not exist on TheTVDB, but still in My Movies database?

For example, my iOS app for the tv series as shown in the above post shows a grey episode (i.e. not added to the collection). This episode does not exist in TheTVDB's database.

The windows app also shows the greyed out episode, but I don't see an option to submit this episode for deletion on My Movies database.

In the case of deleting an episode from the series itself in My Movies, and not from one's own collection, is this something that would need to be reported as "inaccurate" by the end user, and the Admins would have to take care of this?
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2019 9:42:04 AM