Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Folder Monitoring Not Working MM 5.24 Options · View
alexsquared
Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 5:17:57 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1250)
I'm a recent users of my movies. I am currently running version 5.24 with 1250 purchased points. For quite some time, things were working fine, and folder monitoring was adding new titles as they were put into the system. Recently, however, it has stopped adding titles. I have closed/opened MM, restarted the general service, restarted my machine, and nothing seems to resolve the issue. I have double and triple checked the folder setup, and everything appears to be accurate. Please advise.

1. What version of My Movies are you running? Version 5.24
2. What operating system are you running (VISTA, VISTA SP1, MCE 2004, MCE 2005 or something else)? Server 2012
3. Are you on a X86 or X64 version of Windows, or is this a extender (if so which one)? X64
4. What versions of .NET Framework do you have installed (Just because you have 2.0 does not mean you do not need 1.1, they run side/by/side)? 2, 3, 3.5, 4.5
5. What security software suite do you have installed (Zone Alarm, McAfee, Symantec, One Care, etc.)? Kaspersky
6. Is your machine fully up-to date with all Microsoft provided patches, specifically Media Center related ones? yes
7. What part of My Movies are you having problems with, Collection Manager or My Movies? collection manager
8. What are the EXACT steps you followed to re-produce the problem? For example did you start Media Center from the Start Menu or from within Media Center, and once in Media Center what EXACTLY did you select step by step and what did you see. listed above.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:24:48 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131626)
alexsquared
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2019 5:34:54 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1250)
well. I was going to pull the log today and send it in, and when I opened it up, it synced with the folders. odd.
alexsquared
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2019 4:59:13 AM

The problem persists...somewhat. i don't believe that folder monitoring has accurately found all my movies. Based my records, there are 562 movie titles, and 105 TV titles, for total of 667 files. My movies shows 529 disc titles in the bottom pane. Folder monitoring was originally loose, but I converted it to Strict. I have no way of knowing which files it found/didn't find unless i go title by title in a review. This is not ideal. I do know of a couple titles specifically it didn't find, but don't want to manually add them yet as I'd like to resolve the overall issue. as others have said, it sure seems the "confirmative" mode of monitoring would've been much better.
binnerup
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 6:33:10 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131626)
If you set folder monitoring to strict, it will ONLY pick up titles where the title of the folder matches a title in the service 100%, so with strict, there are going to be titles that won't get added.

If you have it set to loose, and a title is not added, you will have to identify at least one that is not added, because there can be several reasons for this:

a) Your folder can contain a video which the app does not recognise as a video.
b) It could have identified the title as something else than what you expect and therefore you think it is not there. You can in the filter in Collection Management type in the UNC path to see if a title is pointing to the directory.
c) There can be an error in identification, which however is rare.

But overall, we cannot identify for you why something is not added, and the app won't send warnings every time it finds a folder it does not add, because that can be a folder that holds something else than a video file.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows