Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Box Set Contribution Guide Options · View
silvio31
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:44:00 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1093)
I'm trying to contribute a Boxset.
The moderator asked to contribute including photos as proof, because of the description of the back cover.
How do I add these photos?
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2019 8:18:50 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131666)
robsinden
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:48:36 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (265)
I tried to contribute a box set last night but this was rejected due to "inconsistent or missing disc Ids". As I don't have a DVD drive attached to my computer, I'm not able to enter or verify disc IDs. Does this mean I cannot contribute titles?

It really isn't easy to contribute this data - and it's a very steep learning curve - it took me about an hour to put this one together! I don't want to be frustrated so early in the relationship!
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:55:25 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131666)
If you use the Windows software, you can use the box set creation guide in the latest pre release version - where it can copy the discs from parent to children - this means you do not need a drive.

But otherwise, yes, you cannot contribute this, because the child titles must have disc ids that matches the parent.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
robsinden
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 3:11:05 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (265)
Okay, thanks. I'll try this tonight, but I tried the box set creation guide for another box set (with 20 children), and it crashed on me, which was also frustrating! It's a shame, as I have so many box sets which only have the parent currently in the database, and I'd like to be able to contribute all the children, but it's a very slow process.

Incidentally, what would be the procedure if a box set has additional children that aren't already included? For example, one of the children in the Eric Rohmer collection (Barcode 5027035018324) should actually be two children - "The Tree, the Mayor and the Mediatheque / Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle" has been included as a single child, but this is two separate films.
andycob
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 4:29:01 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (133418)
If a box set has made it past approvals with an error like that you would need to report it for a moderator to take a look at. Assuming they verify the error the mod would either have to revert the title back to before it was made a box set or make some corrections and add an additional (probably mostly blank) child title to the box set that you could then complete as users cannot add additional childs to a set that already exists.