Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

SQL did not install - SOLVED Options · View
teddyboy
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 5:10:47 AM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (5364)
event ID 18456. Login failed for user 'mmdbo'. Reason: Could not find a login matching the name provided. That's the error that I get. I'm trying to install mymovies on my 2016 server essentials server. I did it before a while ago but I removed it. I am currently running sql 2014 for something not related to mymovies. It can't log into the local machine in this case my server. What is wrong?

"Humans are such easy prey."
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 8:01:39 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131474)
This most likely occurs because you have tried to either get the My Movies software to use another instance, or you have tried to use the My Movies instance for other things.

There are issues with the credentials.

Uninstall the software, use our clean tool (search uninstall on kb.mymovies.dk) to uninstall the DB instance, and re-install.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
teddyboy
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 3:08:56 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (5364)
I cleaned up the left overs from the previous install, but now SQL express seems to be taking a very long time to install. Its been more then a hour (more like a couple), and collection management still tells me that it's still installing and to try again later. How long can it take SQL to install before I can start using Collection Manager. I just checked even viewer and it seems the installer threw an error. Event ID:11935 from the MsiInstaller.

This is the what it said in event viewer:

Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Setup Support Files -- Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL,version="8.0.50727.1833",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x800706BE. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, component: {97F81AF1-0E47-DC99-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}

Should I just uninstall my movies again and run the clean up tool and try again?

teddyboy
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 3:46:01 AM

all is well now. I rebooted the server. I guess doing that unstuck the installation. The database is up and running. I'm now able to go into collection manager. Wow what a ordeal! at least I'm up and running now, so I can export my collection to CMC with his new tool. :) Thanks for your help Brian.