Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

MyMovies tray.exe is not installed on server essentials is it no longer needed? Options · View
teddyboy
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 10:31:44 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (5364)
I just recently installed MY Movies on my server essentials 2016 server. The MyMovies tray.exe program is not installed, and therefore the icon does not appear in the tray. Is that normal on a server essentials install? Collection management appears to be functioning as it should be and I’m logged in to the service.

"Humans are such easy prey."
teddyboy
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 5:37:59 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (5364)
Brian my question is related to the need to run cmc’s export tool directly on the server, doesn’t appear that I’m able too because api access is not available with out the the MyMovies tray.exe running. I looked in the install folder on my server and the MyMovies tray.exe is not there. Is it no longer needed for a server essentials install, or did do I have a bad install, and should I uninstall and reinstall leaving the database intact this time.

"Humans are such easy prey."
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 10:09:02 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131666)