Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Extra imdb part when creating boxsets Options · View
bhevle
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 2:01:05 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2664)
Some movies like for example The Nightmare on Elmstreet Collection. Have like 2 movies on one bluray disc.
For now it's not possible to add 2 imbd tags on 1 child.

So perhaps a nice option for the future?
andycob
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 5:35:30 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (133388)
This is not an issue for box sets, they use one child per movie contained not a child per disc. It makes no difference if the movies are on one disc or many a single disc with four different movies (though not cuts of the same movie) would be a box set with four child titles, they would just all have the same disc, though with the relevant title track selections.
bhevle
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 9:47:00 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2664)
Ok, so it doesn't mather to add like 7 childs to the Nightmare on Elmstreet boxset?

Because everything is already added from the bluray disc info by someone else, so it will be hard to tag on which IMDB part it should be for.

So i think my idea isn't that wrong to be honest.
andycob
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 1:07:54 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (133388)
A complete box set that has been fully created with child titles will have a child title for each movie, and each child will have the relevant IMDB ID. The parent item is not a movie itself and so doesn't have an id and should use the tt000000 code, if a user has added any movie specific IMDB or other data to what should be a box set parent that data is invalid and should be removed.

Users can of course create and contribute box sets where the full set does not exist. Do read the guidelines and documentation carefully though, there is also a tutorial video. Box sets are more complicated than normal titles and are subject to a higher standard and requirements including require moderator approval unlike most normal contributions.

I can't be sure what you mean about the specific item without a barcode but it sounds like a user has improperly filled in the fields that should be left blank on a box set parent. If you those fields should be cleared/reported for correction, but the IMDB IDs in a correct box set will be there on each child there is no where they should be on the parent itself.
bhevle
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 9:23:10 PM

This is the boxset, i only have the covers of it. So i hope you can get an idea of what i ment :) That's why a 2nd IMBD ID is needed. Because if you look this up on My Movies Pro, you can see that someone already added info from the Blu-ray discs.

This is a boxset in the form of a Keep Case set, not in a carton box with different barcodes.

bhevle attached the following image(s):
d.jpg
d2.jpg

binnerup
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 8:43:47 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131474)
That is still not correct - this is a box set, and therefore it can be created with child titles:

Box parent (no IMDB id)
- Movie 1 (own IMDB id)
- Movie 2 (own IMDB id)
- Movie 3 (own IMDB id)
- Movie 4 (own IMDB id)
- Movie 5 (own IMDB id)

Box sets can be created and contributed by creating the child titles and adding to the box. See here:

https://www.mymovies.dk/how-to/written-documentation.aspx?Page=Contributing%20Box%20Sets

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
andycob
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 12:22:49 PM

I'm still really not sure what you think is required. There is no situation where a parent should have any IMDB ID at all, so what use would a second be?, the childs will have the IDs of however many movies are contained, whether that's 2 or 100+ having a second on the parent would be meaningless just as having one would, the code on a box set parent should always be the tt0000000 code (i.e. doesn't have a ID) because the parent is not a movie. As I said back at the start how the item is packaged makes no difference a single case item with one disc with 2 or more different movies on it is still a box set in terms of how it is handled. A box set is any item containing two or more different movies (though not cuts of the same movie), how it is packaged or how many discs it is on doesn't matter.

Brian has actually outlined it above the IDs would be on the specific child profiles like I said, the parent would not have any ID at all.

I have looked at the barcode and that parent currently exists but has no child titles, to add the IDs you would need to create and contribute the full box set complete with child profiles, that is how the movies IDs are added to a box set, you don't add them to the parent profile. I have removed some of the invalid data that has been added to the parent and applied a correct front cover. Do note the cover images you have posted do not appear to follow guidelines, they appear to be scans/photos of the slip cover that have been cropped down to the normal case height by removing the top part of the front and rear which should not have been removed.
bhevle
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 6:58:42 PM

ok, so it's going to be like this:

Box parent (no IMDB id)
- Movie 1 NoeS 1 IMDB ID
- Movie 2 NoeS 2 IMDB ID
- Movie 3 NoeS 4 IMDB ID
- Movie 4 NoeS 6 IMDB ID
- Movie 5 DVD bonus disc IMDB ID (which is on IMDB)

I did it like this, because there's only room for 5 child titles, as the boxset has 5 discs only.

Just to be sure if this is the right way of doing it?
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 9:01:13 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (61339)
You missed a couple of the movies in the box set according to the back cover image you posted. According to that cover it should be...

Box parent (no IMDB id)
- Movie 1: NOES 1 IMDB ID
- Movie 2: NOES 2: Freddy's Revenge IMDB ID
- Movie 3: NOES 3: Dream Warriors IMDB ID
- Movie 4: NOES 4: The Dream Master IMDB ID
- Movie 5: NOES 5: The Dream Child IMDB ID
- Movie 6: Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare IMDB ID
- Movie 7: Wes Craven's New Nightmare IMDB ID
- Movie 8: Gloednieuwe Fear Himself: The Life and Crimes of Freddy Krueger IMDB ID
bhevle
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 9:35:44 PM

ok thanks, going to fix this sooner or later. Thanks for the heads up. As sometimes it looks confusing tbh!
bhevle
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 10:22:32 PM

But now the funny part, do i need to add 5 discs to the profile of this boxset? Or leave everything? Which is the confusing part? sorry to be a pain in the ass, but some things aren't obvious tho...
andycob
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 12:38:34 AM

There is documentation and even tutorial videos on creating box sets in the How-To.

It is a little difficult to be sure how to advise when not sure you really understand how box sets are handled in general yet. There will be a single parent disc title for the box set. That parent will have all discs in the box set in its disc tab, so 5 in all for this. There will then be a child disc title for each movie, the relevant disc that movie is on should be added to the disc tab of that child disc title. In the case of this set several discs actually have two movies on them so each of those discs will appear on two of the child titles.

Looking at the cover that would likely be mostly how johnny has listed it with 8 child titles, 7 for the movies and an 8th for the set bonus disc. Note the 8th child title in this case would appear to be a set bonus disc which is not quite the same as a movie, and the 'Fear Himself: The Life and Crimes of Freddy Krueger' is a short, not really a movie and just one item of the content therefore that child would more probably more correctly have use the same tt0000000 code and not have valid cast/crew etc. because there are multiple bonus items besides that primary short on the disc. Although someone has created an IMDB entry for that short it is not really a movie or the only content of the bonus disc and it would not really be correct to make a child for the short alone but rather the set bonus disc as a whole as per guidelines.
fdavis71
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 1:17:54 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3832)
I own a different box set, but this is what it looks like in My Movies for WMC7 if you want to check it out. I have the "Holding Title" which represents the box set as a whole, then inside that I have titles for each of the films including the bonus disc.

A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (1984-1994)

A Nightmare on Elm Street (Title Selection / Details / Front Cover / Back Cover)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (Title Selection / Details / Front Cover / Back Cover)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (Title Selection / Details / Front Cover / Back Cover)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (Title Selection / Details / Front Cover / Back Cover)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (Title Selection / Details / Front Cover / Back Cover)
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (Title Selection / Details / Front Cover / Back Cover)
Wes Craven's New Nightmare (Title Selection / Details / Front Cover / Back Cover)
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection: Bonus Disc (Title Selection / Details / Front Cover / Back Cover)

The custom cover art I'm using for each film is very well done. If you're interested it can be downloaded over at Customaniacs here. Subscription required to download though and for personal use only, i.e. no sharing the cover art with others and no contributing the cover art to online databases like My Movies, for use locally only. (With My Movies only the original retail cover images should ever be contributed.)

My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Home Theater Gallery