Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Issues with some BoxSet Items Options · View
cchris1986
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 9:42:08 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2801)
Hi,

It seems, that I have issues with some of my Box Sets in the Android App.

There are Boxsets, shown as I would expect:

but then, I also have some Box Sets, where a) No cover for the Child Items is visible, even I have Covers assigned to them, and they also appear in my online Collection (Barcode ID: 4006680058313)

Or, the Boxset is just "expanded", like for this one:
(Barcode ID: 4010884250152)

Thanks and with best regards,
Christoph

MyCollection

Photogallery
andycob
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 3:02:28 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (133388)
First thing would be to check you data is up to date and in sync and you have updates on in settings.

4010884250152 appears to be fully available on the web service with covers, so if it does not update in the app I would delete the box set fully from your collection and re-add it from the web service as a first step.

As for 4010884250152 the German entry is not a box set on the web service, this would indicate what you have in your collection is either a set of individual items you added from the web service if you possibly found and added some of the old legacy entries for separate child items which are no longer used but can potentially be found and added. Or the childs might be 'personal' titles which have either not yet been contributed as the full box set or possibly remain from a declined box set contribution. The icons to the left of the childs in the title list in collection management would likely indicate which it is but unfortunately you have cropped that part of the screen.
cchris1986
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 9:51:28 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2801)
Hi,

thanks for the update.
I've already tried to delete the Boxsets (both) - but I will give it a try again for the Jason Statham Box (4006680058313)

For the Boxset "The Godfather" - this might be related to an issue I previously had.
I've added all the child items and sent a contribution (which was accepted, as far as I can remember) - but then, I've lost my library and after importing the Box again, the childs have disappeared.

I was not able to re-submit the box set so, I've searched for the single disks with Barcode zero-barcode.
Therefore, you could be right, that I have just the not supported version anymore.

But still, I am not able to contribute the "fixed" Box-set.
I have recreated the items two or three times ... I will try it again, and MAYBY, it will work then ... :)

Thanks for your help.

MyCollection

Photogallery
andycob
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 1:10:26 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (133388)
4010884250152 is not a box set on the web service which would indicate any prior box set contribution was declined.

If you found and added standalone entries for the childs then that is why they are separate items in your mobile collection as any uncontributed box set you may have made on the PC will be local to that machine.

You will need to create and contribute the full box set according to guidelines. Note you cannot use pre-existing items from the web service as child titles to create a box set so if you found legacy entries or individually contributed the childs you won't be able to use those to contribute the full box set.

Also make sure you fully delete the box set with the covers issue including the parent and all childs, it is not possible to know from your screenshot what you actually have added to your collection but the Statham set is there on the web service so should add to your collection in full and with covers etc. so long as you get what ever is there removed first.
cchris1986
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 1:11:40 AM

Update: Issue solved, after re-adding the Jason Statham collection.

For the Godfather collection, it was a bit difficult:
I've deleted the whole boxset, added it again (without its child items) and recreated the boxset child items.
During the report, I've got an error message, that the webservice could not answer the request correctly, but then, the software mentioned, that the item is a boxset.

It was required, that I delete the boxset again, and add it again, then, it also added the child items correctly, and now, the box is shown correctly in my android app and the desktop.

MyCollection

Photogallery
andycob
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 1:17:40 AM

I had a look in the box set approvals and could see cover contributions from you for the godfather set awaiting approval, so looks like a box set creation already got approved but you resubmitted some higher res covers.

I approved the covers though you might want to rescan the bonus one as the system is flagging a significant size difference between the front and back so a little may have got over cropped somewhere.