Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Sorting issues Options · View
viprex
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 9:20:34 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2500)
Hello all,

New here and also new on the iOS app. Anyway, I bought the latest Pro version 3 for iOS today and have already added a bunch a Movies, so far so good.
The thing is, when you add for example a Movie that have many parts, like Mission Impossible 1-6. When I add all 6 Movies, I would like to have them sorted so that they lay in order. I know that I can sort by release date (that fixes it) but then the Movies doesn't come in order if Another Movie has the same release date, then it might look like:

Mission Impossible 1
Mission Impossible 2
Mission Impossible 3
Mission Impossible 4
Sicario

and so on.

I want it to be like:

Mission Impossible 1
Mission Impossible 2
Mission Impossible 3
Mission Impossible 4
Mission Impossible 5
Mission Impossible 6

I tried every sorting available, but none of them works the way I want/need...

I also want to be able to edit the Movie title, is that possible? Some Collections I have says for example:

Beck: xxxxx
Beck: 15: xxxxx
Beck: 31 xxxxx

Can I edit that field so I can change it to what I want?
Regards
Stefan
andycob
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 2:20:10 AM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (133388)
Items will by default sort based on the sort title contributed to the web service. The titling and sort titling contributed to the web service has to follow the contribution rules as outlined in the guidelines in the How-To section of the web site and these should not be customised.

Users do not always follow the rules when contributing so sorts can sometimes contain errors that you can report for correction if they do not follow the rules.

However note that the sorting rules only allow the moving of the leading articles a, and , the and the addition of a number, nothing may be added to removed that is not a part of the specific movie title, so movie series that do not use a consistent root title will not sort together by default and the web service sorts should not be customised to try and make them do so.

You can however sort and title things how you wish if you expand the personal data section of the title profile in your collection. In the personal data you can enter a personal title and a personal sort title that will override those from the web service (but not change the correct data that follows the rules on the web service) in order to have things to your preference.