Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Different editions with identical barcodes Options · View
robsinden
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 12:27:21 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (235)
I have in my collection 2 different editions of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. One is part of the Sony Collectors Edition range, and the other is a Special Edition box set. However, it seems both items have identical barcodes. Is it possible for both of these to exist in the database?

See here: https://www.catawiki.com/catalog/dvd-video-blu-ray/carriers/blu-ray/3108277-close-encounters-of-the-third-kind
And here: https://www.45worlds.com/dvd/disc/5050629650112

Both sites show images of the barcodes.
binnerup
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 12:59:55 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (130665)
They can be created as a duplicate, but to accept it as a duplicate, the primary title (which can be any of them in this situation) must be 100% complete with correct front and back covers, for us to create the duplicate - this is to ensure that it is actually a duplicate, and that the existing profile in the service is not simply having a replacement cover.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
robsinden
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 1:17:05 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (235)
Well, the disc content is identical, but I'd say the packaging is substantially more different than just a replacement cover. It's quite odd that they have the same barcode really.
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:38:58 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (130665)
robsinden
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:02:39 AM

Well, the box set includes posters and postcards, etc., so not really a re-print of the cover, but a limited/special edition.