Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Two different Blu-ray titles with the same disc ID, contributed 6 months apart Options · View
mbarnstijn
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 1:55:19 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (112981)
I have a question at the end of this post.

Both discs are from the same production house, Flicker Alley.

The titles are:

1. Rudolph Valentino Collection Volume 2 (USA 810162037260) preciousgemcruz contributed this with disc ID in December 2018.

2. The Garden of Eden (USA 810162033514) I contributed this with disc ID back in June 2019

These two discs have different structures. I have verified the disc ID with the v5.25pr5 and AnyDVD* 8.3.9.0

The disc ID is 1FA4C11B624F4D613E6A5557A67796B30871B7C3 for both discs.

I point this out only because there's been lots to say about disc ID the last few days.

Collection Management reads the disc ID just fine, but ALWAYS selects the title that is the first in the list.

Question: Is there any way to make it choose the correct title based on the disc structure, when there are two titles with identical disc IDs? Do you want to go through that extra coding and effort?

Cheers,

--michael

* Installing and/or using AnyDVD is illegal in some countries. Users are themselves responsible for complying with local law when installing and using AnyDVD.

binnerup
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 8:01:59 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (133092)
This is overall very odd, if they have the same disc id and different structures.

Precious is one of our team members, and her task is overall not to contribute disc ids - my guess is that there is a big chance that what she contributed on that is wrong, because she for sure do not have a disc, and perhaps contributed it based on some report from a user or similar.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
mbarnstijn
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 3:27:06 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (112981)
Ooops! Collection Management wasn't showing 'Data improved. Consider contributing.' I made a bad assumption, and didn't check the Contribution History to verify that the disc ID had been contributed.

But now, since I've exited and restarted Collection Management, it DID show 'Data improved. Consider contributing' for the Rudolph Valentino Collection Volume 2.

So I contributed.

You'll be able to see the disc structure for it, now, and compare to the disc structure for The Garden of Eden. They're different, but same disc ID.

Very unusual!

--michael
andycob
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 9:58:16 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (133605)
It could be that this is correct, I have no idea how they master the discs to make it happen but I have seen one or two of these little independent USA labels with perhaps only 20-50 items in their entire release history and somehow every single one has the same disc id. It could be bogus of course but it is something I have seen before with some of these tiny independent labels.
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 8:46:49 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (133092)
It is very difficult to know unless I have both discs in hand, but overall, the id is calculated based on parts of the AACS encryption, and potentially, this CAN be copied across discs although it is not valid per specs.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
mbarnstijn
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:32:57 PM

@binnerup if you're interested enough to know more about these discs I could do any kind of analysis for you that you specify, just tell me what.

I have about a dozen or more discs from this publisher. These are the only two that have the same disc ID.

--michael
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2019 10:05:26 AM

mbarnstijn
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2019 4:29:08 PM

Couldn't figure out how to attach files to a PM. [Edit: apologies, @binnerup, for sending three empty PMs!]

File Attachment(s):
Garden of Eden AACS.zip (11kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Rudolph Valentino Vol2 AACS.zip (16kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

mbarnstijn
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 6:01:18 PM

@binnerup, did you want those AACS folders or should I delete them from my previous post?

--michael