Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

OPPO in 5.25 PR1 Options · View
waffles
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:57:32 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2502)
binnerup wrote:
This kind of confirms what I feared - that the clone did not behave exactly like the 203 itself.

It also means that it is not ideal to use for development - I do not have a 203 here, so I am in need of someone else to be running a proxy software to see what the app here does.

I need to consider if we at this point need to completely roll back what was done with this clone.

Hello Brian,

please let me know if I can be of any help. I do have a 203 (jb).
If you recall you once did some remote sessions with me for an early MyM-oppo development stage.
manni
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:07:01 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (7600)
binnerup wrote:
This kind of confirms what I feared - that the clone did not behave exactly like the 203 itself.

It also means that it is not ideal to use for development - I do not have a 203 here, so I am in need of someone else to be running a proxy software to see what the app here does.

I need to consider if we at this point need to completely roll back what was done with this clone.

Please don't roll back, put it as a different bridge even if you keep it unsupported, at least until we can establish that the work done with a proper 203 works with it.

Also, note that the Oppo 203 that have that functionality have been jailbroken. It is very likely that two 203 JB from two different vendors will also behave differently.

MCE Win10 Pro X64 with MCE add-on / MM V5.25 / CMC / MPC-HC / LAV / madVR / nVidia 398.11
Corei7 / 4.0GHz / 16GB RAM / 2TB SSD / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / LG 4K 28" / JVC RS2000 (N7) / Denon X8500H / Dune Base 3.0 / M9272 Oppo 203
MM Pro for iPhone 8 and iPad Pro
QNAP TS-809 48TB (8x6TB RAID6) + Qnap TS-859 48TB (8x6TB RAID6) + Thecus N5200 7.5TB (5x1.5TB RAID5)
+ Synology 48TB DS-2411+ (12x4TB RAID6) + Synology 72TB DX-1211 (12x6TB RAID6) + Intel 8TB RAID5 (3x4TB)
wciccio
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2019 10:15:57 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Hi,

few weeks ago I buyed an Oppo 203 clone (and I confirm that plays anything, also .ISO and BDMV folder (DVD/BD/UHD) with full menu).

I also downloaded Oppo App (for iOS) and works without problem, I can completely control my player through my iPAD: the big problem is that, on this player clone, there only a flat UI (specially for media on the network) to choose media to play.

So I am trying to find/build a better interface: to understand IP control interface, I am studying Oppo Android app, decompiling it: until now I found many interesting infos about player IP interface.

Basically, every command can be send via HTTP calls (only after 436 port is open) like

http://[oppo IP address]:436/getmainfirmwareversion

or

/getSambaShareFolderList

/mountSharedFolder?{"server":"[oppo IP address]","bWithID"Foot in mouthalse,"folder":"G","userName":"xxx","password":"yyy","bRememberID"Foot in mouthalse}

/getfilelist?{"mediatype":3,"filetype":0,"path":"/mnt/nfs1"}

/playnormalfile?{"type":1,"extraNetPath":"[oppo IP address]","appDeviceType":7,"path":"/mnt/nfs1/Movies/media.mkv","index":3}

Now I am reading this thread but I would like to know the current status of the bridge for Oppo player.

Thanks in advance
waffles
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 6:54:21 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2502)
wciccio wrote:
Hi,

few weeks ago I buyed an Oppo 203 clone (and I confirm that plays anything, also .ISO and BDMV folder (DVD/BD/UHD) with full menu).

I also downloaded Oppo App (for iOS) and works without problem, I can completely control my player through my iPAD: the big problem is that, on this player clone, there only a flat UI (specially for media on the network) to choose media to play.

So I am trying to find/build a better interface: to understand IP control interface, I am studying Oppo Android app, decompiling it: until now I found many interesting infos about player IP interface.

Basically, every command can be send via HTTP calls (only after 436 port is open) like

http://[oppo IP address]:436/getmainfirmwareversion

or

/getSambaShareFolderList

/mountSharedFolder?{"server":"[oppo IP address]","bWithID"Foot in mouthalse,"folder":"G","userName":"xxx","password":"yyy","bRememberID"Foot in mouthalse}

/getfilelist?{"mediatype":3,"filetype":0,"path":"/mnt/nfs1"}

/playnormalfile?{"type":1,"extraNetPath":"[oppo IP address]","appDeviceType":7,"path":"/mnt/nfs1/Movies/media.mkv","index":3}

Now I am reading this thread but I would like to know the current status of the bridge for Oppo player.

Thanks in advance

For me the bridge for the Oppo is not usable in its current implementation (I posted my findings further up in the thread). MyMovies at this time is merely a static library for me.

Instead, I have been using the Oppo app to browse and launch my media from my NAS - much better/quicker than via the OSD on the player itself. It works pretty well, but lacks any kind of meta data display.

I hope that your findings will help Brian to develop a working bridge solution for the Oppos and their clones.

(@Brian, my offer still stands: please me know if I can be of any assistance here. I have a 103D and 203, both JB, capable of playing back iso, etc.)
wciccio
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 10:37:11 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
I'm trying HTTP calls with my Oppo clone (with JB firmware) and works: until now I tried

1) Through Packer Sender program, I send the following message "NOTIFY OREMOTE LOGIN" to Oppo IP address, port 7624 UDP
2) Oppo player replies with UDP message "UDP-203_OPPO UDP-203 REPORT ADDRESS TO OREMOTE: [oppo IP address]:19999" and open 436 port
3) I send HTTP GET calls to oppo IP address, port 436 (with my browser)

Now I'm trying to got

a) Mount NFS share (done)
b) Play a media file (.mkv for example)
c) Play a ISO file
d) Play a BDMV folder

P.S: I think that Oppo with JB firmware and Oppo clone have same behaviour (I can use iOS App from Oppo on my clone without any problem)
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 9:20:54 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (132877)
This is somewhat more complicated than this.

I have with a long term user been working on the Oppo implementation, expecting that his clone was acting the same way as the original 203 model, but what we made of changes actually destroyed things with the original implementation.

There are various issues that are problematic for me to work on remotely when I do not have a player here, and therefore I for now stopped it.

Some of the problems we found was, besides the fact that the clone does not seem to be the exact same as the actual player was:

- The 103 model has a play file command which the 203 model does not seem to support.

- The 203 model has a command to play a folder, which seems to work also for ISOs but problem is if a title has more than one file in a folder. The 203 model does not support the file command.

- The implementation we have will attempt a folder mount each time a playback is requested, which seems to after some attempts stop to work, given errors. The Oppo app remembers the mounted folder, but does not have any implementation on re-mounting if the player was turned off and on, or it otherwise looses the mounting. It is easy to close and re-open an app, but if our software remembered the mount, it would mean a reboot of the PC before it worked again, which not really a working solution.

So, at this point, I do not think I will spend more time on it - but if there are developers here that would like to see if they can implement a working solution, as the implementation is a plug-able dll file, I will happily share the code with that someone - but with the purpose of any findings and code being shared back to the My Movies project, and where the code is not shared elsewhere.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
wciccio
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 11:01:54 PM

Hi binnerup,

I was, until some years ago, a developer but before to send you a response I need to have a better knowledge of 203 commands (sorry but I haven't 103 player): in next few days I hope to have an really simple example for playing a file from NFS share (emulating Oppo App).

Regarding ISO or folder, in the App there are specific API for mount and play ISO and also for a folder (with folder I means a DVD/BD/UHD folder, not a simply folder with media files).
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 8:08:31 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (132877)
I think you are going to work more or less exactly on what we have done here to be honest.

It is not as simple as just sending the commands - the Oppo needs things in the right order, ect.

We have made the implementation by sniffing traffic though a proxy, and trying to mimic what the device does.

There is a command to play BD titles on the 203 - at least on the clone we used, which does not really make sense, as it is not a playback command, but it starts playback.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

waffles
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2019 10:29:44 PM

wciccio wrote:
Hi binnerup,

I was, until some years ago, a developer but before to send you a response I need to have a better knowledge of 203 commands (sorry but I haven't 103 player): in next few days I hope to have an really simple example for playing a file from NFS share (emulating Oppo App).

Regarding ISO or folder, in the App there are specific API for mount and play ISO and also for a folder (with folder I means a DVD/BD/UHD folder, not a simply folder with media files).

Please let me know if I can be of any help. I am not a developer, but maybe could help with testing.
As mentioned I have a 103D and 203, both JB, so e.g. able to play ISO.
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 7:53:36 AM

Thank you waffles - at this point though, I am at least for now not going to dig more into it - it becomes too difficult without the actual device.

But if one of the users with the clone decides to take up the offer to try to improve the code we have, it absolutely would be a good idea to cross check it against the original devices.

waffles
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 7:16:40 PM

I am aware that I am probably beating a 'dead horse', but I thought with MyMovies 5.25 just released, I'd give it another whirl. Unfortunately, this version is almost unusable with my Oppos. The only upside is that I did not get my players to lock up, like in the past.

Here is what I tested:

Set up:
- Oppo 103D,
- Oppo 203
- My Movies 5.25 running on Win 10 PC, that also hosts the media
- MyMovies app (latest version) running on iPad Air and iPad Mini2

Tested/results:

DVD as iso; linked in MyMovies as Location Type Online (Folder):
=> app shows Connection Problem screen
=> oppo 103D and 203 don't respond
==>> FAIL

Blu Ray as iso; linked in MyMovies as Location Type Online (File):
=> oppo 103D launches OK and 203 doesn't respond
==>> mixed bag

Blu Ray as iso; linked in MyMovies as Location Type Online (Folder):
=> oppo 103D launches OK and 203 doesn't respond
==>> mixed bag

UHD as iso; linked in MyMovies as Location Type Online (Folder):
=> oppo 203 doesn't respond
==>> FAIL

//edit: I went back and tested again: some progress with the 103D. There, Blu Rays ISOs now work OK, but DVDs are still a no-go. //
binnerup
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 9:31:18 AM

Indeed, there may be issues, and that is why I marked it experimental in the change logs.

I do not have the time to dig into it for a while, but the offer to get the code for making your own attempts to correct stands.

I also can be help with instructing how to compare calls to the Oppo app.

manni
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 10:08:26 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (7600)
Hi Brian,

Whatever you do, please create a different Oppo handler variant if you can't identify which one MyMovies is "talking" to, because it's likely that each different JB will behave differently...

All works very well here with the current implementation, except the occasional need to retry. That is within the limitation of the Oppo app, which is that no files (MKVs, ISOs) are supported via IP.

Otherwise, DVD, BD, UHD BD, 3D BD folders are supported fine.

One quick question, I'd like to test something re bridge implementation and I was wondering if it was possible to have two servers installations on the same network for MyMovies?

MCE Win10 Pro X64 with MCE add-on / MM V5.25 / CMC / MPC-HC / LAV / madVR / nVidia 398.11
Corei7 / 4.0GHz / 16GB RAM / 2TB SSD / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / LG 4K 28" / JVC RS2000 (N7) / Denon X8500H / Dune Base 3.0 / M9272 Oppo 203
MM Pro for iPhone 8 and iPad Pro
QNAP TS-809 48TB (8x6TB RAID6) + Qnap TS-859 48TB (8x6TB RAID6) + Thecus N5200 7.5TB (5x1.5TB RAID5)
+ Synology 48TB DS-2411+ (12x4TB RAID6) + Synology 72TB DX-1211 (12x6TB RAID6) + Intel 8TB RAID5 (3x4TB)
waffles
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:29:44 AM

Update to my initial testing from a few days ago: I retested and made some progress with the 103D. There, Blu Rays ISOs now work OK, but DVDs are still a no-go.

I also noticed that MyMovies' Remote feature for both players does not work. In both cases I get "Error - unknown error". This despite seemingly being able to connect to the players: ("Controlling my player name" switches from orange to green). I had to disable all my firewall settings in my server PC to get a connection in the first place, though.
I wonder if this issue could be related to the launch issues. I find it a bit odd that (manni's) folders launch w/o problems while (my) isos are not working too well or at all. Is the launch protocol between the both media flavors that different?
waffles
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:29:47 AM

Update to my initial testing from a few days ago: I retested and made some progress with the 103D. There, Blu Rays ISOs now work OK, but DVDs are still a no-go.

I also noticed that MyMovies' Remote feature for both players does not work. In both cases I get "Error - unknown error". This despite seemingly being able to connect to the players: ("Controlling my player name" switches from orange to green). I had to disable all my firewall settings in my server PC to get a connection in the first place, though.
I wonder if this issue could be related to the launch issues. I find it a bit odd that (manni's) folders launch w/o problems while (my) isos are not working too well or at all. Is the launch protocol between the both media flavors that different?