Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Upgrade from 5.13 to 5.25 completed but database initial sync fails Options · View
ruski
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 10:34:10 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2743)
Hi, I can't complete the initial database sync when I start my collection manager for the first time after upgrade from 5.13 to 5.25.

I have windows 7 with SP1 that I have been using with 5.13 MyMovies for a couple of years now. Is there something specific i need to do to complete the initial database synchronisation?

System description:
Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit OS, .NET Framework v4.6.1, no security software active, updates installed.

Steps to reproduce.
Start Collection Manager, Choose Synchronization Method window pops up automatically. I follow wizard to synchronise by using my local library to overwrite online library. I get all the way to Synchronization Progress: Loading Movie Watched Data 610 of 1305...
Then, the process quits and I get a new window that says: There was a problem storing data into the internal database -synchronization aborted (click OK, window closes)
THe Synchronization Progress window says: The synchronization failed due to an internal database error. Press "Next" to try again. (I close the window)
New Window pops up
The synchronization method change is required. You can start the guide later by opening the Collection Manager or Dashboard application.
Collection Manger quits.

Attached are two logs. The log.txt is previous session. THe log.zip is a bigger loq which is specifically after the failure today.

Please assist.

Thank you
Felix

File Attachment(s):
log.txt (8,782kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
log.zip (3,670kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 6:51:05 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (132877)
ruski
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 6:46:56 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2743)
Thanks for your help. I have updated my original post with more details on my system, steps to reproduce and 2 log files.
I appreciate your help.

Looking at the log.zip, i find a database error, something about a duplicate key. Retries 3 times and gives up. Should I delete MYMOVIES instance of SQL and re-build a new one? Is there a database issue that needs to be updated or installed? As I said in my original post, i have SQL 2008 in Windows 7 Pro, SP1.

I am coming to a conclusion that I have some type of problem in "MYMovies" database. How do you fix this type of database error? Do you restore an older backup? Do you completely uninstall MyMovies, delete the SQL database and then re-install MyMovies? After that, restore my backup?

Can you please help with this?

Felix
ruski
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2019 3:24:07 PM

How can I get support on my issue?

I have posted full description per directions on "good report", attached a log file. Gave my own analysis of the log file.
I have also emailed support@mymovies.dk

I am not getting support. Why not?

F
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2019 5:41:26 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (132877)
I am sorry that it have taken a few days to look at this.

You had a title which had the same category assigned twice - please try to sync now to see if this was the only title affected by this.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
ruski
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2019 7:04:17 PM

Wow, cool.

Thanks I will try right away
binnerup
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 10:46:38 AM