Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Adding Track to Video Converter Options · View
superflybribri
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 10:37:23 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2697)
I have a DVD disc of a television show. When I used Movie Disc Copier to create an image file of the disc on my computer and add to the collection within My Movies, it automatically runs the Video Converter for processing the individual episodes.

With this particular disc I noticed that Episode 1 was only 88 KB while most others are usually around 500 MB. So I went into the Collection Management and pulled up the Assigned Discs and Edited the Chapters and Episodes and noticed that it correctly shows the Episode 1 at Title 71 which I matched from playing the ISO in VLC to confirm.

So I re-ran the Video Converter and again it is only 88 KB. So something is not converting over correctly and I was wondering if I can somehow just add the individual track to the Video Converter for processing instead. Or pretty much any other thoughts on troubleshooting around the issue?
dreilingstl
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:30:56 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3847)
superflybribri wrote:
I have a DVD disc of a television show. When I used Movie Disc Copier to create an image file of the disc on my computer and add to the collection within My Movies, it automatically runs the Video Converter for processing the individual episodes.

With this particular disc I noticed that Episode 1 was only 88 KB while most others are usually around 500 MB. So I went into the Collection Management and pulled up the Assigned Discs and Edited the Chapters and Episodes and noticed that it correctly shows the Episode 1 at Title 71 which I matched from playing the ISO in VLC to confirm.

So I re-ran the Video Converter and again it is only 88 KB. So something is not converting over correctly and I was wondering if I can somehow just add the individual track to the Video Converter for processing instead. Or pretty much any other thoughts on troubleshooting around the issue?

Did the other episodes from that disc transcode correctly?

I don't believe there is a way for you to specify a single title from a disc to be converted using MyMovies. You can, however, download Handbrake and manually transcode the file using a profile similar to the one you've been using in MyMovies.

If other titles from that disc transcoded correctly, I'd definitely try to do it manually using Handbrake. If this was the only one that needed to be copied, I can tell you that whenever a transcode produces such a small sized video file for me, 99% it's because that particular disc doesn't play well with a library the Handbrake transcoder uses to "read" the disc called libdvdnav. I've added custom transcoder profiles to MyMovies for years, and for each profile I have and use, I have an identical copy with the tag "--no-dvdnav" inserted into the profile string to use whenever I try to transcode a disc and it outputs an MP4 or MKV of only a few kilobytes.
superflybribri
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 1:25:15 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2697)
Yes the other episodes seem to transcode fine.

It seems like each time there is an episode in a very high Title number out of order it is an issue.

So the series that I have been having trouble with is Downton Abbey. Season 1 through 3 were without issue. The first episode with a problem was S04E01 and then again S04E04 and then S04E08. What is interesting is that each one seems to be the first episode of each disc.

It all then repeated with S05E01 and S05E04 and S04E08 and S06E02.

I can do the converting with Handbrake no problem but I was really wondering if there was a way that I could fix it for future converters in the MyMovies space?

superflybribri attached the following image(s):
Capture.PNG