Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Adding a cover, and barcode. Options · View
subzero7
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 11:30:13 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (14)
Hello, I just purchased the Android app of this program and added some movies. I also installed the Windows PC version. For the first movies I added, all the info seems to be correct; however, for the movie, Come Undone, while the Android app has the correct front cover photo, it does not have the back, and the PC version doesn't have the correct (U.S. Version) cover at all. So I scanned the cover from the DVD and added it on the "select poster" button. In the PC, and Android versions of the program, neither have the barcode at all. I couldn't see how to add it, but it is on the back cover scan that I also submitted in the "select poster" button. Did I do all of this wrong? I did read the guide for adding a disc title, but I'm not sure I quite understood everything in it. I will reread it anytime I submit anything so that I'm following the rules. So far, I'm very impressed with this program.
andycob
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 2:19:15 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (133739)
Your post suggests you have added the wrong data type. My Movies has disc title profiles, these are best added by barcode and these would have a barcode and the disc title covers and relate to specific disc items. It also has generic movie profiles, this is generic data just for the movie itself and it does not refer to any disc release and the 'posters' are meant to be that, the movie posters, disc covers should not be contributed as posters.

You want to check you are adding a disc title rather than the generic movie data.
andycob
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 2:22:44 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (133739)
I found the incorrect disc cover contributions for the posters and have removed them, don't be alarmed about the warning emails that's just an FYI that it was the wrong thing to do.
subzero7
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 8:30:16 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (14)
Okay, thank you for the information. For the U.S. version of the movie title: Come Undone, your database doesn't have the barcode. I was unable to add it that way. I searched your database by title instead and found it. As I mentioned, the Android app has the correct front cover, but no back and no barcode. The PC version doesn't have any cover or barcode. So I'm not sure how to add that information even after reading the disc titles. I'll reread it again. :)

****UPDATE****

Nevermind! I found the issue. I deleted the profile and then readded it as a disc title using the PC version and "barcode." That found it and added it to my catalog correctly. Sorry for the confusion, and for adding to the wrong areas. Foot in mouth
andycob
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 10:41:05 PM

Sounds like you got there, I would assume that when you searched by title in the app you searched for 'movie' rather than a 'disc title' as you can search disc items by title as well, but obviously there can be multiple disc items due to multiple versions/formats etc. where typically a barcode is nearly always unique.
subzero7
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 12:59:47 AM

andycob wrote:
Sounds like you got there, I would assume that when you searched by title in the app you searched for 'movie' rather than a 'disc title' as you can search disc items by title as well, but obviously there can be multiple disc items due to multiple versions/formats etc. where typically a barcode is nearly always unique.

Yes, that's exaclty right. All wrong from the get go. Foot in mouth