Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Sort order Options · View
derd83
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2020 11:50:44 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (6213)
Hi,

Is there any way to sort titles on the app by the sort title specified on the desktop version? I can only see to sort by local title, which causes problems with sorting films beginning with 'The', 'A', etc

Thanks!
xycommander
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2020 10:48:32 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (22003)
Hey.
It normally sorts titles like the desktop version. Please check whether you activated or deactivated "Do not sort titles" in the main settings page.
Cheers

Got a question or problem? Have a look here first: http://kb.mymovies.dk/Default.aspx

Collection: c.mymovies.dk/xyCommander

Active Android devices: My Movies Pro 2.27 B7 / My Movies 3.00 PR7
- Huawei: Mate 9 [MHA-L29/A 9.0.0/stock]
- Samsung: Galaxy Note 10.1/'14 [P600/A 7.1.2/custom]

My Movies for Windows 5.25 @ Win10 (1909, 64Bit)
andycob
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2020 4:18:18 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (134671)
If I had to guess I suspect the user has altered the main profile sorts on the PC which is a local change only and will not be reflected in the app unless contributed. For changes to main profile data to sync the change must be contributed to the web service, which ALSO MEANS IT MUST FOLLOW THE RULES, you change it for everyone so you cannot contribute customisations to the web service sort. It you want to sort something in a way that doesn't follow the rules use the personal sort in the personal data as that will sync to the app.
fleurrose
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2020 6:23:00 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
xycommander wrote:
Hey.
It normally sorts titles like the desktop version. Please check whether you activated or deactivated "Do not sort titles" in the main settings page.
Cheers

It you want to sort something in a way that doesn't follow the rules use the personal sort in the personal data as that will sync to the app.