Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Tapping "Connected Items" causes crash Options · View
bartonnen
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2019 5:23:52 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
I added a TV show (Mr. Robot) - this added OK with CONNECTED ITEMS showing as "0 of 5 Seasons, 0 of 47 Episodes".

Tapping on that text crashes the app.

binnerup
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2019 7:05:57 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (134732)
We have fixed various crashes on Pre Release 2 - please update to this and let us know if you still have this crash.

If so, please be sure to report it to the service also.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
bartonnen
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2019 8:21:02 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
After the update clicking the connected items no longer crashes.

But all that is displayed is the header "Seasons" with a backdrop, but no UI other than the back arrow.

So there's no way to add episodes.
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2019 10:32:07 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (134732)
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2020 8:54:45 AM

bartonnen
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 4:08:15 AM

For TV shows I now get a "Show All" button at the top - pressing that shows a full list of episodes, but clicking the "+" next to an episode does nothing (doesn't add the episode). If I click add lower down the list, I get the "Add Previous" prompt, but pressing either NO or YES does nothing. Well, pressing NO shows "Adding 1 items to collection started" but doesn't actually add anything.
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 9:46:13 AM

bartonnen
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 12:18:23 PM

I did get some error about "language parameter" when trying to add episodes to a TV show I'd previously added. I decided to remove the show and re-add it, then adding the episodes worked without issue.

Although a couple of times I saw a cosmetic issue with the font for the TV episode titles - when using "Show All" to see all the episodes, they appear dim, then after adding them they go bright. But when I added the last episode of a season and answered yes to add all the previuous episodes - some of the lower episode titles went full-intensity before they'd even been downloaded (the circle was still spinning, and earlier episodes were still downloading and going full-intensity one by one). The intensity of the font could also change by scrolling the list off the top or bottom and then back onto the screen again. Functionality seems fine, it's just a minor cosmetic thing.