Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Folder Monitoring Options · View
klpaint
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 4:00:08 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2500)
I have an issue where it seems like Folder Monitoring is not working. I copied a couple hundred new movies into my base movie directory. The directory is e:\media\movies. Inside this folder are the folders for the movies. I have MyMovies monitoring e:\media\movies.

I found several forum entries where users had removed the folder from the Monitoring page and then added it back but that did not solve the issue. I also tried both the direct disk folder and the network folder which didn't seem to make a difference.

This was working but I have not added movies for awhile. The only thing I can think that changed is that I updated to 5.25. Maybe something with the upgrade?

The other thing that is interesting is that if I do an "import" and point it at e:\media\movies\moviexxxx (where moviexxxx is one of the new movies) it adds it to Collection Manager. Doing them individually could be an option but for over a 100 it would take forever.

Any ideas on what I can check? I am running Windows 7 Pro and MyMovies 5.25.

Thanks,

Kevin
klpaint
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 6:24:37 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2500)
After a ton of testing and trial and error I have found that the issue is that the directories I copied over (came from another MyMovies server) have "mymovies.xml" files in them. If I delete that file and then do an import it works. It's not that folder monitoring isn't working, it's that those files are in the directories.

If I would have known this before I could have done a global delete on the portable drive before copying them to the server. Now that they have been copied I am trying to figure out how to delete it for the 157 movies but not the previous 860.

Is there an easy way around this? Can I delete the mymovies xml file out of the 157 or somehow tell MyMovies to load them for those 157 even though that file is there? Trying to figure out how to not manually update 157 folders.

Thanks,

Kevin