Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

My Movies 3 Pre Release available! Options · View
binnerup
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2019 10:55:05 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (135516)
Hi all,

A little later than we had planned for, we are now ready to start pre release testing of upcoming My Movies 3 for Android.

My Movies 3 will be a paid-for upgrade, offered to existing users at half price - it was originally planned to be released in mid-December this year, but the pre release feedback will determine the release date.

While changes in My Movies 3 will apply to your user account, and therefore sync to other devices also, My Movies 3 will co-exist on the same device with My Movies 2, and you can at any time revert your usage back to My Movies 2.

You can join the Pre Release testing by visiting this opt in url:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/dk.mymovies.mymovies3forandroidfree

There is a presentation of new functionality in the "Help & Support" section of the app, or, you can open this link in a browser on your iOS device:

https://www.mymovies.dk/products/android3/support/version3features-pro-1033.aspx

A desktop design of new feature presentation will come later.

Please post any findings of issues you might have in this forum.

Participating in pre release testing will not earn any special discounts or free versions of the final release - if you choose to participate, you do this of interest in the quality of the final release.

Notice! One of the new features in My Movies 3 is that filters synchronize though your user account in our online service. We have made a 2.27 Build 7 version available on Android, which will upload stored filters to be available in My Movies 3.

Best regards,

Brian Binnerup

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2019 11:54:44 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (61426)
Is your intent to charge for the Pre-Release testing? My Play Store shows that for me to download the app I will need to pay $7.99. I will gladly pay that if it will ultimately go towards the final cost of the full/complete app when it is released.

johnnyicemaker attached the following image(s):
My Movies 3 Pro - Play Store.jpg

bartonnen
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 4:56:23 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
I need to know the answer too.

I'd rather not spend A$12.99 on an early access version if I'm going to have to spend the same again for the full release.

If this works like Steam and buying early access means you end up with the full version when (if) it's fully released then it's fine and I'll spend the cash now.

binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:16:08 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (135516)
This is absolutely not intended.

It seems that we cannot do this without charging the price the final app is supposed to have, which is not the intension, and if setting it to be free, we cannot change it back later.

We are working on letting the free version of the app be fully functional while in pre release, so please hold on for that.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

bartonnen
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 11:03:20 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
binnerup wrote:
We are working on letting the free version of the app be fully functional while in pre release, so please hold on for that.

OK, thanks for the update.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 1:13:15 PM

bartonnen
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2019 1:17:29 AM

binnerup wrote:
The pre release is now available though the free version of the app, but without any limitations.

I already have the free version installed but it hasn't received an update since 11 Nov (when you added the new synchronisation ready for v3).

binnerup
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2019 9:54:10 AM

bartonnen wrote:
I already have the free version installed but it hasn't received an update since 11 Nov (when you added the new synchronisation ready for v3).

This is not an update to the existing V2 - it will run separately - you need to install V3 by using the opt in URL in the initial post.

bartonnen
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2019 10:29:30 AM

binnerup wrote:
bartonnen wrote:

This is not an update to the existing V2 - it will run separately - you need to install V3 by using the opt in URL in the initial post.

Thanks. I just found it on the store about ½ an hour ago.

Here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.mymovies.mymovies3forandroidfree
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2019 7:07:14 AM

bartonnen wrote:
binnerup wrote:
bartonnen wrote:

Thanks. I just found it on the store about ½ an hour ago.

Here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.mymovies.mymovies3forandroidfree

Indeed, but also available from the opt in url posted above:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/dk.mymovies.mymovies3forandroidfree

sawia
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:39:55 PM

bartonnen wrote:
binnerup wrote:

OK, thanks for the update.

While changes in My Movies 3 will apply to your user account, and therefore sync to other devices also, My Movies 3 will co-exist on the same device with My Movies 2, and you can at any time revert your usage back to My Movies 2.
jekyl
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 9:32:00 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (47866)
I'm just curious. I have every intention on buying the full version of Pro 3, regardless of the price. But will there be a discounted price, grandfathering in older users, like there was going from MM1 to MM2.

Also, should I be buying it now while it's in the pre-release, or should I wait until the full version is out? Or does it not matter?
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 4:49:17 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (61426)
binnerup wrote:

My Movies 3 will be a paid-for upgrade, offered to existing users at half price

Looks like a half price deal stated in the very first post of this thread. Read the whole thread and your questions will be answered

Probably will be available at the reduced price for a limited time just as MM2.0 was when it was rolled out.
jekyl
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 9:06:43 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (47866)
johnnyicemaker wrote:
binnerup wrote:

My Movies 3 will be a paid-for upgrade, offered to existing users at half price

Looks like a half price deal stated in the very first post of this thread. Read the whole thread and your questions will be answered

Probably will be available at the reduced price for a limited time just as MM2.0 was when it was rolled out.

Yeah, thanks Chief, I read that. That's why I was asking about. Because I don't know what the limited price reduction cost is. I never recieved an email about it, or anything. So I don't know if the 10.99 price of it right now is already the reduced cost, or if I should be waiting to get the reduced cost.

I don't care, I'm buying it either way. I just want more details on it.
binnerup
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2020 10:01:27 AM

The asking price for V3 will be $9.99, and then existing users can purchase at half price at $4.99 - it is not intended that the app is available for purchase currently, but we cannot at this point change it, without removing the app from the few users who purchased.

We suggest waiting to purchase until the upgrade offer is advertised.