Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Bugs/Findings/Issues in 3.00 PR7 Options · View
xycommander
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 3:13:08 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (22003)
Hey :)

Over all, the new app runs smooth as heck, looks and feels awesome. Great work!

You can see the devices I use for testing in my signature.

---

I now added the photos and some points I found after the last post.

Please give some priority to 11) if possible, as this is a mayor problem.

Thanks for your work!

---

[Updated 30.12.2019, 15:47]

I was finally able to come back. Thanks for your patience!

Fixed: 3, 4.1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12 (Thank you!)

Still there: 1, 2, 4, 4.2, 9, 13

New: 14

1) Phone and Tab:
The synchronization bar above the titles is only visible when the wall-view is selected. It is not existing when in list-/big list-/titles flow-mode
- Synch-bar wall-view:

- Synch-bar all other views:

2) Phone and Tab:
Same as 1) for the text when the app is freshly installed. It was something like "Not titles loaded yet. Click synchronize in the left menu."
- Text wall-view:

- Text all other views:

3) Phone and/or Tab, missing translations:
-FIXED-

4) Phone and Tab:
The new function, that does not stretch covers (e. g. for abnormal box sets) does not work with the back cover. The front cover has black bars at the top and bottom, but when entering the titles detail page, the back cover is still stretched.
- Front:

- Back:

4.1) Phone and Tab:
-DONE-

4.2) Phone and Tab:
The function for not stretching covers does not work consistantly. E.g. "22 Jump Street" is stretched in the wall-view, but not stretched with black bars in the detail page.

5) Phone and Tab:
-FIXED-

6) Phone and Tab:
-FIXED-

7) Phone and Tab:
-FIXED-

8) NOT confirmed for my Tab:
-DONE-

9) CONFIRMED on my Tab:
revdbrink wrote:
On a tablet, on the detailscreen here is an extra share button but that doesn't do anything.

10) CONFIRMED, Tab and Phone:
-FIXED-

11) Tab and Phone:
Quote:
WARNING!
The following steps sent the app into a bootloop:
- Turn on automatic synchronization.
- Close and restart the app
- The synch starts but does nothing. The synch bar in the title view is not moving, in the side menu it says "Synchronizing..." (at least 15 minutes)
- Turn off "Automatic Synchronization" in settings
- It now crashes immediatly, whenever you open it
- Only fix I found: in Android settings, erase all app data and start over...
- Tested twice with both devices, after a manual full sync. Same result, I now deleted all app data again and started resynching for the third time.
- The app detects the crashes and asks me to send the log, but I can't do that, as it crashes again too fast :/
-FIXED- I was still able to reproduce this in PR1 before updating, but it's now gone. Maybe it was a crossover with some other fixed issue :)

12) Phone:
-FIXED-

13) Tab:
Quote:
The barcode scanner is zoomed in to the maximum, the preview is heavily enlarged. I don't know if this is something fixable on your end or a problem with LineageOS. Just for your recognition if caused by the non manufacturer OS.
Quote:
Can you compare this to V2 and let us know if there is a change between them? We have not changed the scanning implementation, but we have updated the library.
I will compare it with V2. Hold on.

14) Tab:
- In the title detail page, clicking on the back cover does nothing. The tapping-sound can be heard, but nothing happens. Front cover works as intended.

Cheers

Got a question or problem? Have a look here first: http://kb.mymovies.dk/Default.aspx

Collection: c.mymovies.dk/xyCommander

Active Android devices: My Movies Pro 2.27 B7 / My Movies 3.00 PR7
- Huawei: Mate 9 [MHA-L29/A 9.0.0/stock]
- Samsung: Galaxy Note 10.1/'14 [P600/A 7.1.2/custom]

My Movies for Windows 5.25 @ Win10 (1909, 64Bit)
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 3:46:24 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (135516)
Thank you for your feedback - there are certainly things we can grab right away.

I need to double check localisation, perhaps I did not get the files generated with latest changes.

Looking forward to screenshots, as there are some things that are easier to see when having these - thank you :-)

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
revdbrink
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:09:12 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3391)
I tested the new app and these are my findings.
I used Android 10 on a Samsung galaxy S10.
No crashes at all.

1. I missing a lot of translations. I'll email you the screenshots.

2. On the detail screen the value of country is not translated (it is on the current version)

3. The first item on the detail page is linked items and subitem Movie but when I click on it I always get an empty page. Hide it when there are no linked items.

4. At the release page, if I scroll the week's nothing happens.

5. The top menu items has a different font than the rest of the app.

If I find more items I let you know.

revdbrink
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:33:23 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3391)
The trailer function is something I use a lot but doesn't show the YouTube movie.
I only hear the sound and see half of a still first frame.
It's also not full screen.
When I press the back button the movie keeps playing on the background.

On a tablet there is no trailer button at all.
revdbrink
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:54:22 PM

On a tablet, on the detailscreen here is an extra share button but that doesn't do anything.
If this is the Twitter share button I should expect an error dialog (just like on the current version) when he can't open the Twitter app.
binnerup
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2019 9:56:17 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (135516)
Thank you for your feedback.

Can I ask you to create separate topics? It becomes messy otherwise.

Any answer on this post will refer to the original post from "xycommander".

(We will look at the reports from you revdbrink, thank you, but please create the separate topic for any replies).

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

xycommander
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2019 11:44:41 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (22003)
[Updated 13.12.2019, 14:16]

I now added the photos and some points I found after the last post.

Please give some priority to 11) if possible, as this is a mayor problem.

Thanks for your work!

1) Phone and Tab:
The synchronization bar above the titles is only visible when the wall-view is selected. It is not existing when in list-/big list-/titles flow-mode
- Synch-bar wall-view:

2) Phone and Tab:
Same as 1) for the text when the app is freshly installed. It was something like "Not titles loaded yet. Click synchronize in the left menu."
- Text wall-view:

- Text all other views:

- The text mentioned in 2)

- "Big list Mode" and "Titles Flow Mode" aren't translated to German in the top right corner menu.

- In the actors/crew/person list, the standard selection for the filters are "Any Type" and "Any Item".

- "Automatic Synchronization" on the main page the the settings menu.

- The dialog in title details that tells you, you can disable the collapsing of more details.

- The field "Digital Copy" in title details.

- The button "Configure", title details -> top right corner menu.

- The sub menu of the button "Configure", title details -> top right corner menu.

- 2x the button "Reset to Defaults", title details -> top right corner menu -> Configure -> Fields order AND Sections order

- Well, there are many many more missing translations. I don't know, if you a screenshot or list of them, please tell me if I should go on or stop here ;)

4) Phone and Tab:
The new function, that does not stretch covers (e. g. for abnormal box sets) does not work with the back cover. The front cover has black bars at the top and bottom, but when entering the titles detail page, the back cover is still stretched.
- Front:

- Back:

4.1) Phone and Tab:
The black color used for the bars of non stretched covers is a different black than the black used for the background. Is this intended?

4.2) Phone and Tab:
The function for not stretching covers does not work consistantly. E.g. "22 Jump Street" is stretched in the wall-view, but not stretched with black bars in the detail page.

5) Phone and Tab:
Clicking to generate a pdf report immediatly crashes the app. Logs from both devices are sent.

6) Phone and Tab:
When in title details page, click to extend the personal data section -> Nearly all fields aren't funtioning. (Only collection number, group and rating are working.)

7) Phone and Tab:
I can confirm that something is strange with trailers.
On some titles, the music starts playing, but the video doesn't. You then have to hit the play button again.
And the trailers aren't full screen, you are always missing the top or bottom part.

revdbrink wrote:
On a tablet there is no trailer button at all.

9) CONFIRMED on my Tab:
revdbrink wrote:

revdbrink wrote:
At the release page, if I scroll the week's nothing happens.
That's correct. You can change the date on top of the release page, but the listed movies always stay the same (current week).

11) Tab and Phone:
WARNING!

- The synch starts but does nothing. The synch bar in the title view is not moving, in the side menu it says "Synchronizing..." (at least 15 minutes)
- Tested twice with both devices, after a manual full sync. Same result, I now deleted all app data again and started resynching for the third time.
- The app detects the crashes and asks me to send the log, but I can't do that, as it crashes again too fast :/

12) Phone:
The barcode scanner sometimes freezes and sometimes works as intended. I wasn't able to figure out, what causes the freeze.

13) Tab:
The barcode scanner is zoomed in to the maximum, the preview is heavily enlarged. I don't know if this is something fixable on your end or a problem with LineageOS. Just for your recognition if caused by the non manufacturer OS.

Cheers

Got a question or problem? Have a look here first: http://kb.mymovies.dk/Default.aspx

binnerup
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2019 3:54:04 PM

binnerup
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2019 7:13:08 AM

We have fixed some of this in a Pre Release 2, but not much - we wanted to get a version out with crashes fixed, and localisation fixed.

Update to what we have fixed:

3) All translations should be fixed.

4.1) It is expected that this is a different color, yes - it gives a feeling of the item fitting in the boxes over just floating.

5) Should be fixed.

11) The developer was unable to reproduce this after fixing some crashes, and expect that a crash fixed could cover it. Please try to reproduce it on Pre Release 2, and let us know.

12) The freeze does not lead to a crash, and it never looses up again? Can this consistently be reproduced, and you cannot reproduce this on V2?

13) Can you compare this to V2 and let us know if there is a change between them? We have not changed the scanning implementation, but we have updated the library.

Thank you for your feedback!

binnerup
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2019 10:32:53 AM

binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:22:51 PM

xycommander
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:53:53 PM

I will do so as fast as possible. I'm really sorry I couldn't check until now, there are some heavy family issues right now :(

binnerup
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 7:28:27 AM

stoermerchen
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 11:24:18 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (112)
In My Movies 2 my all time favorite Actor Bud Spencer has the most movies. In MM3 he has only 5. But if you click on him, you'll see all his movies.

I Hope, I can help with my information.
binnerup
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 8:20:04 PM

stoermerchen wrote:
In My Movies 2 my all time favorite Actor Bud Spencer has the most movies. In MM3 he has only 5. But if you click on him, you'll see all his movies.

I Hope, I can help with my information.

Please create your own topic on this.

xycommander
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2019 4:46:19 PM

I was finally able to come back. Thanks for your patience!

Fixed: 3, 4.1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12 (Thank you!)

Still there: 1, 2, 4, 4.2, 9, 13

New: 14

1) Phone and Tab:
- Synch-bar wall-view:

2) Phone and Tab:
- Text wall-view:

- Text all other views:

-FIXED-

4) Phone and Tab:
- Front:

- Back:

4.1) Phone and Tab:
-DONE-

4.2) Phone and Tab:

5) Phone and Tab:
-FIXED-

6) Phone and Tab:
-FIXED-

7) Phone and Tab:
-FIXED-

-DONE-

9) CONFIRMED on my Tab:
revdbrink wrote:

-FIXED-

11) Tab and Phone:
Quote:
WARNING!
-FIXED- I was still able to reproduce this in PR1 before updating, but it's now gone. Maybe it was a crossover with some other fixed issue :)

12) Phone:
-FIXED-

13) Tab:
Quote:
Quote:
Can you compare this to V2 and let us know if there is a change between them? We have not changed the scanning implementation, but we have updated the library.
I will compare it with V2. Hold on.

14) Tab:
- In the title detail page, clicking on the back cover does nothing. The tapping-sound can be heard, but nothing happens. Front cover works as intended.

Cheers

fleurrose
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2020 6:20:53 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
revdbrink wrote:
If this is the Twitter share button I should expect an error dialog (just like on the current version) when he can't open the Twitter app.

I need to double check localisation, perhaps I did not get the files generated with latest changes.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2020 9:31:44 AM

binnerup
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2020 9:19:32 AM

binnerup
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2020 9:57:12 AM