Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Connected Items - looking for technical assistance! Options · View
markselby
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 2:59:06 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (10)
Desperately looking for some help from the experts out there!... :)

I have movie titles that I would like to connect to box sets but I can’t determine how to do this in the app.

For example, I have several box sets where tapping under Connected Items inside the Title takes me to a page that lists the movies nested inside the box set.

Other box sets are currently showing only the main parent title in the app. It’s for these sets that I would like the ability to add the children, or the titles of the films in the box set and then nest these titles inside the box set page.

I purchased My Movies 2 Pro version 2.10 (2.10.1) for Mac in order to be able to do this, but cannot figure it out, and the online video tutorial on this site was not helpful. (I am also using the My Movies Pro 3.15 on my iPhone.)

Thanks very much in advance to anyone who is able to help!

Mark
markselby
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 4:23:27 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (10)
Quick follow-up message, in the hopes this might help narrow down the specifics of what I must be doing wrong.

When I open the Edit window for a title and click on the pencil icon next to Box Set, the Child Titles window opens. When I click the + symbol to add a title, I get the following error message:

"You do not have any manually created titles in your collection. You can not assign existing titles from the online service to a box set - refer to the contribution guide for details. Please create one or more titles manually to assign to the Box Set."

...except I did manually add a title that I want to connect to a box set, and it's still not working.

kompletter name:frodo beutlin
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 1:56:32 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (422325)
You need to create the main title first. Do not publish this. Then create the child titles. Don't publish this. Then combine the child titles with the main title in "Series / Box Set:". When these are all connected, upload the main title as a whole boxset. Then it works. It will only work in Collection Management. PC or MAC.

Tablett Acer B3-A50 10.1 Inch. Android 8.1.0 My Movies Pro 2.27 Built 8 / My Movie 3.00 Pre Release 17
Phone Sony Xperia Z5 Dual (E6633) Android 7.1.1 My Movies Pro 2.27 Built 8 / My Movie 3.00 Pre Release 17
Acer G6 Predator Intel Core i7-6700K, 4.0 GHz Quad-Core, RAM 32 GB DDR4, 512GB SSD & 1TB HDD 7200 U/min SATA, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, Win 10 Home. My Movies 5.25
Dune Base 4K Networkplayer.
Thecus 5500 15 TB NAS
Thecus 5200 15 TB NAS
andycob
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 4:47:46 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (134515)
You can't use an item added from the web service as a box set child, not even when a box set appears to contain an item that is also sold separately, even when a box set holds a cased item with a barcode that is also sold separately you cant just assume the details are the same, the disc ids often vary. The box set child and standalone items are separate items and must be created independently, if you were able to use a standalone existing item from the web service it would be converted to the box set child item and cease to exist as a standalone.

The child items for a box set have to be completely separate manually CREATED items not added from the web service.