Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Issues moving from DVD Profiler Options · View
jabz10
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2020 8:39:59 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Hi,
So I thought Id give My Movies a shot, being a current DVD Profiler user, I'm looking to move due to lack of support for DVDP.
I exported my collection from DVDP, and uploaded to My Movies online. (turns out I have an old login, I may have checked out previously)

I installed My Movies on my MacBook Pro, and received notification I have a 28 day trial period being a DVDP user. Thats nice.

However I keep running into a Synchronisation issue, every few 100 titles out of 2673, I get an error which states "Network connection lost". I have to keep restarting the sync, however it looks like its slowly getting there, it has synced 1289.
But then I got a crash, My Movies quit unexpectedly. I restarted My Movies, its now showing the 1289 titles greyed out, and saying "This title is not within your current title limitation of 50 titles.
When I click Synchronize, it says "Your collection is already Synchronized".
I don't have a internet issue, as I am running a 1000Mbps fibre connection and everything else internet/network wise is functioning fine.

So not the greatest start. How can I get my 28 day trial back, and resume the Synchonization?
In the mean time im going to install the iOS App, and try.

Also is there a reporting function now? I believe back in 2015 when I tried there wasn't.

thanks
binnerup
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2020 9:01:34 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (149098)
Hi,

Can we get you to post a screen of the network issue you get? I need to determine if this is a browser timeout or the PHP side on the servers.

I need to check the trial thing - as I remember it, the Mac app does not support the grace periods - it is only the iOS and Android apps - I will double check this.

By reporting, do you mean PDF report?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
jabz10
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2020 2:47:17 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
hi

I am unable to provide the network error screenshot, because My Movies now looks like the picture attached, it won't sync any further and has stopped at 1289, and is only displaying 50 titles.

When I opened My Movies on the Mac after the DVDP database import, and chose Synchronize, it did display the you have 28 days to trial message. But now it has gone

Ok I see some form of reporting (PDF) is now available, thanks.

File Attachment(s):
my movies.png (837kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2020 2:51:15 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (149098)
Ok - so - the grace period only applies to iOS and Android - the Mac OS X app does not have that option.

The reason you get the message in the Mac OS X app is that the importer creates it, and creates the message as a standard service message, which can be served to any application.

So, you can only use the Mac OS X app with 50 titles, while your grace period applies to iOS and Android.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
jabz10
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2020 3:03:53 PM

Ok thanks, the iOS App looks good, impressed I have just purchased it.
Any discount for the Mac version for DVD Profiler users?
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2020 8:58:36 AM

jabz10
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2020 1:56:55 PM

Ok thanks, I've ended up purchasing it.

And now its synchronising my collection, and after 233 titles, I've stuck the "no network connection" issue again. I have attached the screenshot of the issue.
I have to click Sync, to restart the synchronisation and now its started again, thankfully it recognises the previous 233 its already downloaded.

File Attachment(s):
my_movies_error.jpg (631kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

jabz10
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 2:30:22 PM

So eventually I got the sync to finish, I have about 1742 titles according to DVD Profiler.. However with My Movies I ended up with 1289 Titles synchronised, because the My Movies DVD Profiler import advised that it couldn't import 451 Titles. Thats a lot to try and fix!
That just leaves a discrepancy of 2 titles missing, thats not bad at all. But the 451 Titles unable to be imported is an issue..