Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Folder Monitoring Not Functioning Options · View
integrity24
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2020 1:58:19 AM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2500)
Completed fresh install of Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit) with fresh install of MM 5.25 connected to Server 2012 R2 Essentials.
on
Issue (1) After setting up the folder monitoring on Windows 8.1 it proceeded for about 2 hours to add 160 movies and appeared to stop, with nearly 400 movies not located/ added. I rebooted both PC and Server multiple times and then left the PC and Server on for 16 hours and MM has yet to add another movie.

Issue (2) Interestingly the # of the titles it did locate it did not add in sequential order. Titles #1, #2 , #3 for example are not listed. Its lists disc titles of 160 yet the numbering shows 154 with #1, #2, #3 missing.

Attached is the log file.

File Attachment(s):
log.txt (51kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
20200613_165332.jpg (318kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2020 9:47:35 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152759)
Lets focus initially on the titles not identified - I need to initially have a log of a reboot (see my signature) where it has been running for 5-10 minutes without finding new titles.

Also please ensure that you have checked the alert viewer in Collection Management for any information.

Then I need some examples of paths it does not find titles for.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
integrity24
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2020 3:56:28 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2500)
Attached is the new log file and an image of the path to the My Movies folder on my Server titled "MY Movies - ONline".

File Attachment(s):
log 6-19-20.zip (709kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

integrity24 attached the following image(s):
Capture.JPG

binnerup
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2020 7:18:32 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152759)
integrity24
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:35:00 AM

Its only located 161 of 545. Please see the attached screenshot of just some of the movies its missed. (Missed titles are highlighted.)

File Attachment(s):
My Movies - Folder Monitoring.jpg (306kb) downloaded 11 time(s).

integrity24
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2020 4:18:33 AM

integrity24
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2020 4:58:00 PM

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME????? I'M DEAD IN THE WATER UNTIL I CAN GET FOLDER MONITORING WORKING. THANK YOU
integrity24
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2020 7:13:25 PM

Is there a way to reset the MM database? Remove every movie/ title currently in MM and have it repopulate WITHOUT physically removing / deleting actual movie folders?
alanmalm
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2020 7:24:09 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2511)
I also had a major problem with my database and decided to CLEAR the database entirely and also uninstalled My Movies and deleted the files under Programdata since it doesn't remove them with the uninstall (which it should).
I rebooted the machine, reinstalled My Movies, setup the Monitor location to be a different location which has additional movies from the original and it found nothing. So I did an Add Titles and pointed to the locations (one by one as I have 4 locations I believe). It would find SOME TITLES but only a fraction of what was in those directories. Not sure why. I also left the Collection Management running over night with no new movies found. How do I jump start it to find ALL MY MOVIES?????!!!!

I tried to rename a couple of movie directories and forced the Add Titles on all main directories under monitoring again. This time my Collection Management showed NO MOVIES for quite a while and would not let me sync. Movies finally came back but still will not let me sync or run Add Titles again as it keeps forcing the sync. PLEASE HELP! If I don't hear back I will try a new database again. Be aware that the current count is probably at least 40% less movies than I had in my previous database before I did all this (and there are more movies in the new location than I had before). I added a large drive (instead of the array that I had previously as F: drive) for a G: drive. Copied everything from F to G and added some more that I had on other machines and couldn't move due to lack of space on F: drive. That is why I decided to do the above. This is not the first time that I have had problems with the sync or with monitoring. The error on sync says - There was a problem storing data into the internal database - synchronization aborted.

After creating a new database it still didn't add automatically even with the Monitoring turned on so I did a sync and it took this time. Problem is, now I cannot make changes to sort field for example as Save is now greyed out even though movie does not show as being locked. What happened??? And is not adding the remaining approx. 40% of my movies. There are NO .ign files in that directory so is not that. It also keeps going non responsive for hours at a time (has been all day and last night now). Is anyone monitoring this thread??
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 10:00:32 AM

integrity24 wrote:
Its only located 161 of 545. Please see the attached screenshot of just some of the movies its missed. (Missed titles are highlighted.)

The log posted starts processing at "T", which means I either need to see which titles it does not find below that, or you must post the zipped log files.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 10:02:05 AM

alanmalm wrote:

After creating a new database it still didn't add automatically even with the Monitoring turned on so I did a sync and it took this time. Problem is, now I cannot make changes to sort field for example as Save is now greyed out even though movie does not show as being locked. What happened??? And is not adding the remaining approx. 40% of my movies. There are NO .ign files in that directory so is not that. It also keeps going non responsive for hours at a time (has been all day and last night now). Is anyone monitoring this thread??

Please create your own topic with the following information:

- A log of a reboot by clearing the log, rebooting the machine, then let it run for 30 minutes and post the log, including all zipped log files (it truncates to avoid huge log files).
- A screenshot of the folder structure with a mark of one or more it does not find.