Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

AndroidTV client Options · View
brucehellmer
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2020 4:36:19 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2654)
The AndroidTV operating system is utilized by many smart TVs and set-top boxes.

Please consider producing a client for the AndroidTV operating system. The current Android client is not compatible with the AndroidTV OS.

The AndroidTV OS is basically the Android OS, but with an interface that is conducive to navigating with a TV remote control. It could look and feel very much like Windows Media Center.
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2020 4:36:43 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152759)
We do not have plans for Android TV, sorry.

We spend quite a bit of resources on the Apple TV offering, and there are not many users using it.

Users wanting a media center is recommended to use Kodi or similar.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
brucehellmer
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 4:19:42 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2654)
This news disappoints me.

I was thinking that your existing Android client might only require some interface modifications for TV remote support to achieve AndroidTV compatibility.

I have standardized on Samsung 4K TVs and they came with AndroidTV OS. It appears I may have bet on the wrong horse.

Before I add Kodi boxes to my Android TVs, does Kodi do a respectable job as a MyMovies client? Is there an AndroidTV app that is a respectable MyMovies client?

Thank you for your consideration.
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 10:06:28 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152759)
It depends on what you want to do - if you just want to browse, and not play anything, it is not a huge task, but if you want to play things, it is a much bigger job.

The problem on Apple TV, which is likely to be the same on Android is that most users store MKV files, or Blu-ray or DVD iso files - files that are not directly supported for playback by the devices, and then you have to implement your own playback engine in it - which Kodi has already - when doing that, you are required to license DTS, Dolby TrueHD and other audio formats at huge sums - so, it is not in any way a simple change of an UI.

Kodi is not a My Movies client in any way, but My Movies can on storage store meta-data for Kodi.

There is not any Android TV app that will work as a My Movies client, no.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows