Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

My Movies Pro 3 - Collection #'s Out of Sequence & How to Refresh Entries Options · View
jules1955
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 10:49:50 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (4981)
Couple questions with My Movies Pro 3:

1. When I add a new movie, the "Collection #" (Col.#) is out of sequence. For example, the last movie I added is at Collection # 1878, but when I add another movie the Collection # jumps to # 1883. How can I reset this so it works in sequence?

2. When I add a new movie that's not 100% complete (i.e. no cover image, etc.), how can I refresh it so it gets the latest updates?

Appreciate any assistance.
jekyl
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 1:54:09 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (51363)
1. When they jump numbers, are we talking about a box set? Because if there are child titles in a box set you've added, each child title will be assigned it's own collection #

2. Profiles that are incomplete will be updated automatically, as long as you set the app to "update profiles" when you're syncing it. Keep in mind though, not all profiles will get their info completed. Especially if it's a rare title that not many people have. The service is user based, and relies on us to fill out missing info. You can always add any missing info yourself though, straight from the app itself. If you so choose...
jules1955
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:55:25 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (4981)
jekyl wrote:
1. When they jump numbers, are we talking about a box set? Because if there are child titles in a box set you've added, each child title will be assigned it's own collection #

2. Profiles that are incomplete will be updated automatically, as long as you set the app to "update profiles" when you're syncing it. Keep in mind though, not all profiles will get their info completed. Especially if it's a rare title that not many people have. The service is user based, and relies on us to fill out missing info. You can always add any missing info yourself though, straight from the app itself. If you so choose...

Yes, it's a box set I added, but I wanted to assign 1 "Collection #" to the box set. Is this not an available option? Now, every time I add a new movie I have to manually edit the Collection #, which is a pain. Just looking for a way to workaround this...if possible.

Great, I'll set the app to "update profiles" when syncing. Yes, I realize I can update content as well.

Thanks again for your help.
jekyl
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 3:56:54 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (51363)
Dang dude, I thought I replied to this. Sorry man.

Well, I'm not sure if there's a proper fix (like setting the app to only give #s to the parent titles, ie the box set), but for a workaround, all I can think of to do, is go into each of the child titles and just erase the collection #s they're given. Or mark them as 00. When you go to add another title after that it should continue from the last number in your collection.

So let's say you add the Back to the Future trilogy and it's assigned #230, with the child titles getting #231, #232 and #233, respectively. If you then go into the each child title and delete their numbers and resync, then the next title you add SHOULD automatically go to #231.

That's the best I can figure.