Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Touch Support? Options · View
shadow lord
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 1:06:46 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2524)
I recently setup a touch based Win 7 tablet with WMC and My Movies. Everything works great for "portable" viewing of my collection. However, there is one issue. While WMC itself is touch aware (i.e. I can swipe up and down on the screen to move between the menus on WMC) My Movies is not. Is there anyway to enable to enable or add support so one can swipe left and right to browse covers? Trying to click the arrow is possible but hard to do and allows for lots of wrong selections. TIA!
binnerup
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 8:00:28 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152319)
shadow lord
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 8:50:55 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2524)
That is too bad. Its the only thing I use it for.
mbarnstijn
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 2:10:44 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (115286)
I'm probably wrong about this, but perhaps the WMC replacement Chameleon Media Center would give you what you want? I'm not sure how, since I don't use it myself. I use Dune players, not Windows machines, for playback.

Chameleon was developed by My Movies user @pauven to replace WMC in Windows 8 and 10 but might work for Windows 7.

You could do worse than talk to @pauven about your touch screen needs, and see what he says?

Cheers,

--michael

shadow lord
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 10:01:54 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I was not aware of that particular program. I may have to keep it in the back of my mind for future use when I really need to move away from Win 7 and 8.1. In giving it a cursory glance it is a lot of work to convert to it (basically I would have to ditch WMC and use this instead exclusively. My movies would then serve just as a metadata provider). I have already paid for Win 7 and My Movies. I don't relish having to pay for another piece of software to just get me back to where I started from. But desperate times... ;)