Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Groups synchronisation / collection number Options · View
mrhulotdk
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 11:43:00 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1038)
Hello,

I'm using MyMovies 2 Pro (version 2.09) on my Macbook Pro and MyMovies 3 on iPhone/iPad.
I have a question about groups, I could hide most of them and create new ones on my iPhone but it doesn't seem to be synchronise to my MyMovies 2 Pro (or on the windows version I tried as a trial). Are those changes in groups supposed to be available to all the versions of your software? I can see that desktop app is still at version 2 when the iPhone/iPad is up to 3, is this why?

I have another question about collection numbers, I know that every new entry gets the next number in the collection but is there a way ito find unused numbers?

Thanks in advance.
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 9:56:48 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152319)
mrhulotdk
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 2:11:01 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1038)
That's what I thought but I wanted a confirmation.

Do you have hoot/workaround on how I can find the unused numbers in my collection?

(I'm really happy with your software so far)
wyando
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2020 11:28:56 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (274)
After a while just using my iPad and iPhone having moved into a new place, I am starting to keep up with my iMac regarding my collection.
Unfortunately, defining new groups are not recognized by the MacOS version of MyMovies, which makes this wonderful and needed addition not very usable - lucky enough I hadn't add many to new group added. Hopefully we can see this small addition in the MacOS version soon, as it would be very helpful - also in regard to contribution to the community, as I was thinking to create a new defined group to add movies which I am interested in to explore in details and complete missing information...

BTW, I am really surprised (hadn't payed attention before) that of all predefined groups, that there does not exist a group for "streaming" (which I divide with category in Prime and Netflix) as also a group for "Movie Theater" (as I have decided to add the movies I have seen in theaters too - I kept them as a separate list, but will start to integrate them into MyMovies - at least those, which haven't been bought on DVD/BR yet). That's why I was happy to see at least those user defined groups until I found out that those does not sync with the MacOS version.

Edit:
P.S: On the MacOS version still the renaming of groups isn't refected in all places: e.g. when adding new titles the list of groups to add is always the complete list with the predefined names; not the list with hided groups and those which have been renamed in the preferences.
binnerup
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2020 8:04:15 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152319)
wyando wrote:

Edit:
P.S: On the MacOS version still the renaming of groups isn't refected in all places: e.g. when adding new titles the list of groups to add is always the complete list with the predefined names; not the list with hided groups and those which have been renamed in the preferences.

Please post a screenshot of where you see this please.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
wyando
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2020 11:05:50 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (274)
binnerup wrote:
wyando wrote:

Edit:
P.S: On the MacOS version still the renaming of groups isn't reflected in all places: e.g. when adding new titles the list of groups to add is always the complete list with the predefined names; not the list with hided groups and those which have been renamed in the preferences.

Please post a screenshot of where you see this please.

MacOS 10.12.6 (yes I know but I yet have to keep this version...)
MyMovies: 2.11 (2.11.4) (AFAIK latest update via the Appstore)

Circle A: Left panel of my movies, with several hidden groups and "ordered" renamed to "new additions"
Circle B: Add titels - select list of groups the new title should be added - none of them hidded and "ordered" not being renamed.

Hope I did this all the correct way. Apparently I could not add the picture directly into this post.

P.S. Any comments on the "user defined groups" difference between MacOS and iOS? :)

Edit:
I just saw that this phenomena also exists on the personal data window...

binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 10:14:32 AM

wyando
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 10:45:17 PM

binnerup wrote:
Screenshots are missing - please re-upload.

Yet the miniatures are missing in the post, but they are linked to the place where I uploaded them, as I did not found a way to insert them directly into this posting.
Edit: Finally saw the "attach" button.

wyando attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 12.10.04.png

wyando
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 10:48:59 PM

Apperently 2 file uploaded, but only one is showing. Here is the second file.

Circle A: Left panel of my movies, with several hidden groups and "ordered" renamed to "new additions"
Circle B: Add titels - select list of groups the new title should be added - none of them hidded and "ordered" not being renamed.

wyando attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 22.49.52.png