Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

TV Series UpdateTo Unclude New Episodes Options · View
allen_bh
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2020 3:39:24 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2557)
Make the "Update TV Series" in Collection Management actually pull down the latest episodes of a show. I've had to delete a show then re-add it in order for MM to pick up the fact that there have been new episodes. A good case in point is The Simpsons. I had to remove it and re-add the entire series to get MM to recognize that there is a new season and also pick up the rest of last season. I don't think this is a bug, I've had this problem for a long time. Right clicking and selecting "Update TV Series" isn't cutting it. I did notice that it pulled down a completely new cover for it in the process so it seems like it's not updating at all.
binnerup
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2020 3:46:28 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152874)
allen_bh
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2020 5:49:20 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2557)
Version 5.25 - Yeah, appreciate whatever help you can lend. This has been an annoying thing for a long time now.
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2020 7:25:35 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152874)
allen_bh
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 4:58:18 PM

Apologies for the late reply. Yes, I synchronize and it still doesn't update the new episodes. This is for some shows and not others so i can't explain it. This happened most recently with the Simpsons. It was quite frustrating because there are a lot of episodes. I just got Season 31 and added it to the SAN, and went into Collection Mgmt, updated the series and - - nothing. I restarted the application, still nothing (I have anecdotally seen this work but no luck here. I had to delete the entire show and then re-add it in as a new show. When I did, I noticed that a lot fo the artwork had changed - don't know if there' some setting somewhere that I have inadvertently set that is interfering with the season and episode update functionality. I also had several custom, manual entries under Season 00, that were extras for the Simpsons in general that weren't really tied to a season - I entered those manually so it was frustrating to lose those as well.

Appreciate any advice - I am probably overdue to update the OS and DB which is running on a Server 2012 box that is mounting volumes across my SAN that MM accesses. I have a license for Server 2019. Just not sure it's worth the upgrade and/or compatible even. Might be a good opportunity to clean out my DB and start with a fresh install. This one has been going for about 4.5 years now..

Thank you.