Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Collection Management 5.30 Pre 2 does not work. Options · View
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 8:42:46 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152874)
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 8:49:09 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152874)
I have had a look based on your time zone (your city was in the profile).

The problems you had occurred before the log you posted started.

Can you post the zip files please from the log dir?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
mikjoel
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 9:37:07 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Here comes my log file:

File Attachment(s):
log.7z (625kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

mikjoel
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 9:40:39 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Here comes my Log file

File Attachment(s):
log.7z (625kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

mikjoel
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 9:44:57 AM

"Do you have automatic title updates enabled?" - where do I find this setting ?
So I can check if it is enabled or not.
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 9:49:37 AM

mikjoel
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 10:58:44 AM

Now in ZIP Format

File Attachment(s):
log.zip (1,119kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 1:04:59 PM

binnerup
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 1:16:38 PM

mikjoel
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 1:47:10 PM

Sorry - still the same error :

File Attachment(s):
log.zip (221kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 2:04:16 PM

Different scenario of the same - I updated the package without creating new build number, as you were the only one who got to install....

Please re-download and re-install the package.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

mikjoel
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 3:17:32 PM

Hi - I think now it works again - Thanks
pauven
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 5:23:38 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2636)
binnerup wrote:
I have had a look based on your time zone (your city was in the profile).

The problems you had occurred before the log you posted started.

Can you post the zip files please from the log dir?

There's no zip file in the log dir.

The log file I posted includes the upgrade to PR3 which completes at timestamp 2020-10-17 14:59:36, plus the initial performance problems right up all the way to the end of the log file at 16:33 when I turned off logging. From my recollection, the performance issue magically disappeared about 35 minutes later, around 17:10.

The performance issue was consistent from when I first started using PR3 (sometime after 15:00) to 35 minutes after I turned off logging at 16:33. So the log file should be a good indication of what was occurring after the upgrade finished and performance issues were severe.

Hope that helps, sorry I don't have more for you.

Chameleon MediaCenter (CMC) v3.6 - A MCE replacement for My Movies on Win7/8.1/10, plus a Music Library and App Launcher!
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 6:17:20 PM

That info helps...

Going over it, there is nothing special in there - the background service is going over your collection to update meta-data in folders, and that means that the whole system is doing a lot of things...

This can affect it either if the machine in general is under pressure due to this, or, if you have a virus scanner scanning the log file, that will cause significant slow downs.

For Windows Defender, "C:\ProgramData\My Movies" is by default entered in as an excluded folder to avoid it scanning the log files in here, but you may be using something else than Windows Defender?

pauven
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 7:25:36 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2636)
It's a default, brand new Windows 10 Pro install. Windows Defender is the AV. Pretty much the only thing installed is My Movies.

Even after turning off logging, things were slow for 35+ minutes, so I don't think Windows Defender was the culprit, though it was certainly active in Task Manager. I've also thrown 4 CPU's and 32GB RAM at this VM, so it wasn't power constrained (memory and CPU utilization were all fine).

I think it was just busy with folder monitoring. Though I've never noticed this particular slowdown before, and I've used folder monitoring for years. It's been great since then, including the update to PR4, so as of right now probably nothing to worry about.

I'm about to post a new topic for PR4 Bugs & Issues with what I've found so far. But before I post about issues, I want to give a a big THUMBS UP for some of the new features that I really appreciate:

* API command GetMovie is awesome, and was greatly needed, THANK YOU.

* API command GetMovieCollection is awesome too, and super fast! (though I will be posting an issue on this one)

* Enhancements to API command GetCollection for Movies and Movie Collections are greatly appreciated (but more is needed, see issues post)

* API command ClearElementWatched works now (not sure when you fixed it, but it was broken in 5.24, and I skipped 5.25 and 5.26)

* The new sort options in MMCM are fantastic, both for number of options but also because when I sort descending the default selected movie is at the top - yay!!!!

I'm sure there's more that I've missed, but the above improvements are most welcome changes. Cool Big thanks to you and your team!

Chameleon MediaCenter (CMC) v3.6 - A MCE replacement for My Movies on Win7/8.1/10, plus a Music Library and App Launcher!