Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Nimbie batch Rip Options · View
ilkaplan
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 4:13:42 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2501)
I am using my old Nimbie to try to finish ripping my dvd collection, and it’s not going well.
I’m running the latest version of MM 5.25.

Is there a prior, recent version which is more reliable? Currently, the nimbie is just hanging, and last night, I got the “General Service not running error”. I’m using MM with a 3 yr old version of AnyDVD*.

* Installing and/or using AnyDVD is illegal in some countries. Users are themselves responsible for complying with local law when installing and using AnyDVD.

scott-tina
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 7:31:00 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2547)
I transferred my Windows 7 Pro 64bit setup with MM to my Windows 10 rig, and finally plugged in my Nimbie. Could not find the install CD, but got the files needed from their website. Then the real key is to use QQGetTray. My Nimbie BR Pioneer drive was not recognized, so I had to manually go to device manager and have the reader's driver search for downloaded Nimbie unzipped driver file and install the driver. Then, once the Pioneer drive was recognized, you have to set MM to eject discs when done, and use the Start & Load button on the QQGetTray app.

Over the last week, I have ripped 320 DVD & BR to my QNap NAS drive without problems. Not one failed disc which is pretty amazing. I have many retail DVD/BR discs so without Nimbie and being written into MM 5.25 which I play on my Dune networked players, I would be unable to get my collection transferred to digital for my personal use only.

I suggest you update your AnyDVD*, and install the latest files & drivers from Acronova here.

* Installing and/or using AnyDVD is illegal in some countries. Users are themselves responsible for complying with local law when installing and using AnyDVD.