Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Copying existing title for adding it to a box set by altering barcode Options · View
brunodernicourt
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 9:21:12 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (17024)
I’m having a hard time to contribute box sets, find it way to difficult and needs so many steps to create them while it can be far more easier I believe. Therefore the following idea that maybe can be implanted in Collection Management.

Could it be possible to copy an existing title into your collection and then just before adding it alter the original barcode to a no barcode title?
That way it can be assigned to a box set far more easier. Currently for every movie in the box set a totally new title needs to be created simply because it needs to be a 000000000000 barcode.

Thanks, Bruno
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 7:23:41 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152814)
Have you tried the right click menu with the "Create Box Set" guide?

Complete the parent as much as you can (leaving the items that are not allowed on a parent, such as cast, crew, production year, ect.), and then right click the title in the left side menu, and select create box set - it will take several steps of the process.

But, if you copy a title, the title is a personal title, and on such you should be able to change the barcode - the barcode should not be fixed until a title is contributed to the service.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
brunodernicourt
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2020 12:34:55 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (17024)
THANK YOU so much for creating the new tool for adding boxes to the database. Was adding a new box set this morning and saw the new wizard tool pop-up and it’s really great 👍 finally box sets can be easily added.