Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Checking the correct number of movies you own. Options · View
slloyd
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2021 5:52:41 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (42)
Hi, I think I am having similar problems to some other people in regards to boxsets looking at some of the more recent forum posts. I do not know how to check if my boxsets are showing the right number of titles correctly therefore displaying my total number of "movies/films" correctly.

Some boxsets have the "multiple cards" symbol next to it along with the format type (dvd/blu ray/4k etc), Alien Quadrilogy is an example of this so I feel confident that it is counting four films in a boxset and not just one. However 'American pie The Threesome' does not have this symbol next to it, even though it says "Connected Items - 3 Movies". I do not know if this is being counted or why the symbol is not there.

I would count everything individually if I did not have 500+ titles, to double check. But if it didnt count it I wouldnt know how to fix it anyway. Is there a way I can check that it is counting those titles for sure? Or should I delete all my boxsets (there are quite a few), and re-add them one by one, seeing if the movie count goes up?

Kind thanks.
binnerup
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2021 9:44:16 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (153398)
slloyd
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2021 4:43:23 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (42)
I apologise. This is for Apple, and also Windows 7.

I would like to add that recently I added The Mummy Trilogy box set, and that has counted as 4 extra 'things' in my collection as the box set seems to be 1, and the 3 connected movies are counted. Really I would have only wanted the total number to rise by 3 giving me an accurate count. When it automatically numbers your collection it is adding 4 numbers. Also just added Fast & Furious 4k 8 Film boxset and the number went up by 1, whereas I would expect 8.

Thanks.
binnerup
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2021 6:26:26 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (153398)
This differs some depending on platform - on Mac, it will show a counter of the titles displayed on screen currently, meaning that if box sets are nested, only the parent is counted - if the box sets are not nested, the count depends on weather the parent is also displayed or not.

On Windows, when using the latest version, there is a new "Count As" option added both on the box sets themselves, and in the personal data where you can overwrite it for the individual titles. This "Count As" is intended to be set to the amount of movies contained in a set.

This count as feature is something that is planned to be added later on other platforms - currently though, we are taking a pause on Mac on implementation of new things, because we want to see how Apple gets along with the "iPad apps on Mac" thing and how their new Macs takes on...

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
slloyd
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 7:06:54 PM

Thank you. I will use the newly implemented count as option then to get a more accurate count.
I should have said iPhone when I said apple, I meant the app for the phone. Sorry about that.

If I use 'count as' feature on windows, will it also "sync" to my mobile app and therefore update the bracketed number?

Edit:
I attempted to change the "counted" level in personal information when clicking on a box set but it does not appear to save anything. I even tested out writing a personal note but after clicking ok then going back into it all the fields are blank again. My version does not appear to be saving information.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 8:55:16 PM

slloyd
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2021 12:55:32 PM

Ahh, i thought clicking Ok would save the data. I will try this. Thank you.
I keep finding issues where some collections add two to the count and seem to be set up correctly (crocodile dundee double bill adds two to the count) and others only add one (sin city 1 + 2). I am still unsure how to go in and correct these titles so that they show up as "box sets". My count, according to my iphone app, I imagine is out considerably; so i would just like a way to create some accuracy.
binnerup
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2021 2:56:04 PM

This is one of the reasons for creating a "count as" option - it just don't apply to mobile apps yet.

If a box set is not created as a full box set, it will count only as one - and not two as you write here.

If it IS created as a full box set, its count will depend on how you have chosen to display box sets.

Details on how to create box sets is available here: https://www.mymovies.dk/how-to/written-documentation.aspx?Page=Contributing%20Box%20Sets

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows