Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

mymovies.xml File not created for some titles Options · View
scott-tina
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2021 12:46:16 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2547)
I have noticed that some titles do not appear in my TV alphabetical listing using Dune Solo. When I look at the DVD folder, some of them are missing the mymovies.xml file, as well as folder.jpg, mymovies-front.jpg & mymovies-back.jpg files. I can manually play the title by using Dune to navigate the folder and file location.

I also noticed that the title does not appear in the \\Dune-8-NAS\My Movies\Alphabetical or All Titles folder.

I tried deleting the title from the MyMovies Windows PC interface, and then using the Import Folder feature to try and recreate it to get the mymovies.xml file and jpg files, but after a successful import, no luck on getting those xml and jpg files. It's interesting that the Import Folder feature identifies the title, and displays the images front/back on the MM interface.

I'm puzzled.
pauven
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2021 1:23:49 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3473)
I noticed something similar recently, but upon further investigation I found that the files were there, but were hidden. Change your view settings to show hidden files and see if they are there.

In earlier versions of My Movies, only certain files were hidden. Now it seems they are all hidden.

Chameleon MediaCenter (CMC) v4.2 - A MCE replacement for My Movies on Win7/8.1/10, plus a Music Library and App Launcher!
scott-tina
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2021 1:33:29 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2547)
Thank you for your suggestion. I did just check and I have show hidden files turned on. The XML files are in other folders, just not the ones I'm having problems with.
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2021 8:01:40 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (153505)
The "mymovies" files are hidden, others are not.

Typically the issue is lack of access to the storage area from the background service, caused by incorrect or no configuration of credentials in the external credentials dialog.

The first thing is to look at the alert viewer, as it will cast an alert in such case - if that does not inform enough, I need to see a log.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
scott-tina
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2021 12:56:01 AM

Where do I find the alert viewer? I did a search for it on this forum and nothing came back. Thanks!

Partial good news. One of the Qnap NAS had a LAN IP blocked forever, which I removed, then the next day the XML and jpg files appeared.

Does it sometimes take a while for an XLS file to be created?
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2021 12:39:44 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (153505)
scott-tina
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2021 6:05:19 PM

Binnerup,

Again, thank you very much for helping me.

Alert Viewer is empty. I took a screenshot of the MM Collection Manager with problem title (24 Season 6), and included the lack of the XML file in File Explorer.

I cleared the log, changed a character in description and saved title. Then captured log.txt (attached).

I'm running MM 5.40 on Win10 64bit, running Webroot Secure Anywhere, Malwarebytes. Originally captured from 24 Season 6 DVD's

I also attached a second screenshot with Season 5 folder open and showing the XML file in that (and all other seasons of 24 except Season 6) with red arrow.

I cannot make Season 6 produce an XML file. I even tried deleting the title, and importing folder, identifying as 24: Season 6, giving the folder locations of all 7 disc files, but still no XML is created.

Finally, I checked the security lockout on the QNap \\Dune-8-NAS and there are no LAN IP blocks.

File Attachment(s):
MyMovies-XML.jpg (473kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
log.txt (710kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

scott-tina attached the following image(s):
MyMovies-XML2.jpg

binnerup
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 9:06:30 AM

I think your security softwares are blocking things - this is what the log shows:

Could not currently process queue 'An unexpected network error occurred.
'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)
at MyMovies.Common.VideosFound

I am not sure what your security software is doing, but it is certainly not helping your situation.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

scott-tina
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 7:01:12 PM

Binnerup,

Thank you for your help. Well here is the thing that makes no sense.....a large number of titles (100+) before and after trying to get Season 6 of the TV show 24, are brought into MM with no problem, and always creating an XML file. I even tried moving the Season 6 folder/subfolders to a completely separate QNap NAS device, and then deleted the title from MM, and imported the folder in this new NAS location....and same problem. It will not generate an XML file.

If I insert a new, unrelated DVD or BR after the 24 Season 6 failure, there is no problem with new titles being created....so it doesn't make sense to me that it is a security or network issue.

Could it be that there is some sort of temp or cache files that MM created that might be blocking it from being imported? One reason I'm asking is that I saw 579 DVDInfoCache folders in the location shown in screenshot. Inside of a sample was artwork files from a previously stored movie as shown in second screenshot. Then there is also a Temp folder with 39 files in it. I'm wondering if this may be the problem?

Obviously, I am only a beginner, and do not know anything about your programming...I'm just trying to figure out a weird problem with my "beginner's mind!" Thank you again!

File Attachment(s):
MyMovies-XML3.jpg (274kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

scott-tina attached the following image(s):
MyMovies-XML4.jpg

scott-tina
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 7:45:34 PM

Binnerup, any other ideas to fix this?
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2021 11:18:46 AM

To be honest, I cannot help you when you have software installed that bloks network connections on random.

Uninstall or disable that, and post an updated log, and I can help.

scott-tina
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 4:57:11 AM

Thanks for your reply. I will go through what software that is causing network blocking, but I’m not sure what is doing that yet.

Why do you think that the xml only is prevented from this one title, and no others afterwards. I’m thinking that a network blocking issue would be seen somewhat often with multiple titles. I have put at least 100 titles in MM since failing to get xml for this TV show, “24 Season 6”
kompletter name:frodo beutlin
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 11:44:16 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (447362)
Ich stelle fest das ich ein ähnliches Problem habe. Ich habe ein neuer server in das Netwerk gestellt. Und habe die Film Ordner vom alten Server auf den neuen kopiert. Nach dem Verknüpfen der Filme mit dem CM wurden XML Dune Dateien, Film Cover Front und Back automatisch entfernt. Bei allen neuen filmen die ich nun aufspiele wird nur das Fanart und ein Front Jpg. herunter geladen. Dies tritt nur beim neuen Server auf. Der Alte server verhält sich normal. Ich komm auch nicht auf den Fehler.

I notice that I have a similar problem. I have put a new server in the network. And copied the movie folder from the old server to the new one. After linking the films with the CM, XML Dune files, film cover front and back were automatically removed. For all new films that I now play, only the fanart and a front jpg will be shown. downloaded. This only occurs on the new server. The old server behaves normally. I don't make the mistake either.

Tablett Acer B3-A50 10.1 Inch. Android 8.1.0 My Movie 2.27 Build 8 / 3.02 Build 20
Phone Sony Xperia X. Android 8.0.0 My Movies Pro 2.27 Built 8 / My Movie 3.02 Build 20
Acer G6 Predator Intel Core i7-6700K, 4.0 GHz Quad-Core, RAM 32 GB DDR4, 512GB SSD & 1TB HDD 7200 U/min SATA, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, Win 10 Home. My Movies 5.40
Dune Base 4K Networkplayer.
Zappiti 4K HDR Networkplayer
Thecus 5500 15 TB NAS
Thecus 5200 15 TB NAS
Thecus N12850RU 144 TB NAS
kompletter name:frodo beutlin
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 11:52:27 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (447362)
Es ist zu erwähnen, das der Dune Daten ordner nun auch auf dem neuen Server ist. Dort werden die Dune XML daten heruntergeladen. Es kann deshalb nicht sein das ein Firewall oder sonst was die XML blockiert. Ich habe irgendwie den SQL Server im verdacht.

It should be mentioned that the Dune data folder is now also on the new server. There the Dune XML data is downloaded. Therefore it cannot be that a firewall or something else is blocking the XML. I somehow suspect the SQL server.

Tablett Acer B3-A50 10.1 Inch. Android 8.1.0 My Movie 2.27 Build 8 / 3.02 Build 20
Phone Sony Xperia X. Android 8.0.0 My Movies Pro 2.27 Built 8 / My Movie 3.02 Build 20
Acer G6 Predator Intel Core i7-6700K, 4.0 GHz Quad-Core, RAM 32 GB DDR4, 512GB SSD & 1TB HDD 7200 U/min SATA, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, Win 10 Home. My Movies 5.40
Dune Base 4K Networkplayer.
Zappiti 4K HDR Networkplayer
Thecus 5500 15 TB NAS
Thecus 5200 15 TB NAS
Thecus N12850RU 144 TB NAS
scott-tina
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 9:52:19 PM

I wonder if there is a way to remove a previously entered title from the SQL server. Would probably have to get into editing the SQL which I don't know anything about.
scott-tina
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2021 9:13:44 PM

I think we are out of luck, as Binnerup is certain that a security network software is causing this, but I have checked my PC, anti-viral, malware, etc...and nothing is actively causing a network block.

Again, the really strange thing is that ONLY this one title (7 DVD's of the TV Show "24 Season 6") will not allow an XML file to be re-written. I have otherwise been copying at least 100 additional new titles since this problem started, and there has not been a single failure to create an .xml and jpg image files. So it doesn't seem that I have a network blocking issue.

To test this further, I deleted a MM Title and after backing up, I deleted all the .jpg & .xml files for that title. Then I imported the VIDEO_TS folder, and MM also will NOT create the jpg images or xml -- reproducing the problem I'm having with the 24 Season 6 DVD's.

When the import did not bring them back in, I copied the jpg and xml files back, and the title now shows up in my Dune player. Unfortunately, I did not make that backup of the 24 Season 6 DVD's.

I have the original DVD's, so next will try deleting the VIDEO_TS folder files, and MM entry, and add them all over again from the DVD's.

The problem seems to be if you enter a title, and then delete the .jpg and .xml files, MM can no longer create them if you import that folder. It's like the SQL (or something) knows this was already an entered title and won't allow a replacement .xml to be created.

If there was a network blocking issue, it would have had to reproduce itself with the 100+ BR & DVD titles I have entered since this 24 Season 6 problem. This seems to be more specific to the scenario of deleting existing .xml files and trying to re-save/import a title them after changes were made. For reference, the reason I deleted the .xml was because I altered the MM movie content, NAS folder storage location, etc.

I really hope Binnerup will consider other possible causes, but as of now, he seems to have written us off. I'm disappointed.

Here is another question if Binnerup sees this....Is it possible to create an XML file in Notepad if I know the MM title so it would be recognized and play in my Dune player?

binnerup
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2021 8:19:42 AM

Ok, lets sum up here - you write:

"Partial good news. One of the Qnap NAS had a LAN IP blocked forever, which I removed, then the next day the XML and jpg files appeared."

So, this was likely a mis-read from me - I read this as you had some kind of ip blocking software, which you could edit.

The next thing from the log was that there is this exception:

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)
at MyMovies.Common.VideosFound

Notice how this is throwing as a "WinIOError" - WinIOError is typically when a drive is corrupted, but not typical for network - anyhow, it is a much, much deeper issue than the My Movies software - it basically means that the Windows APIs cannot write to the storage area, and likely not because of lack of access, as that would throw another error, but it fails on getting to list the directories - it potentially COULD be due to lack of read access or listing access, but normally it would throw another error.

These two put together lead me to believe that you had some kind of security software running that were trying to control network access - there are numerous of such softwares around, and they typically make a lot of bad decisions on what to block and what not to block - if that is not the case here, all good, wrong assumption on my part.

"kompletter nameFoot in mouthrodo beutlin", this is not a "me too" situation, so if you are having an issue, post a log, because there are many different reasons why the meta-data files won't be saves - in 99% of all situations it is due to lack of access to the storage device, but a log will tell - without a log, I have no way to tell besides what you can find in the alert viewer.

If this issue is ONLY for one folder, there either are network permissions set differently on this folder or, there are corruptions in the file system for the files in the folder, otherwise Windows would not throw a WinIOError - it is not thrown when storing, but when enumerating the files in the dir.

And, regarding writing an XML manually - that should not be done, as it will cause various issues if you get just a little thing wrong - other softwares have in the past written "mymovies.xml" files because third party software read these, and it caused a lot of issues, which means we today store encrypted check values, and disallow usage of files not matching these checks.

scott-tina
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2021 6:12:15 PM

Binnerup, thank you for this great feedback.

The Qnap NAS a setting if there are 5 repeated failed attempts to access it from an IP, then it puts a block on that IP (WAN or LAN). I'm not even sure if that LAN IP block that I saw earlier was from this PC, Dune, or another device...but I removed it as previously stated.

Regarding folder permissions, I had moved the 24 Season 6 (7 DVD's) folders/files to a whole other Qnap NAS, deleted the MM title, and imported from new NAS location, and still no .xml created.

So are you saying that there is no possible way that the SQL (or some component of MM) would be blocking a rewrite xml if it had previously stored the title?

Note in my previous post, I was able to reproduce the exact issue by removing .jpg & xml DVD files, then attempting to re-import it, and the title was recognized and listed as a MM title, but again no .jpg or xml files were created. I made copies of those files before deleting, and copied them back to imported folder which then allowed Dune to recognize and play the title. This was on a completely separate Qnap NAS from where the 24 Season 6 DVD's. were stored. So this seems to be a reproduceable issue that may not have come to your attention because maybe no one manually deleted the jpg & xml files and then imported the previously entered folder like this???

If it would be helpful, I could reproduce the error on DVD's from my 3 different Qnap NAS servers and submit log files each time after trying to re-import folder (after deleting jpg & xml files)

My last resort is to completely delete the folder/files, and entry in MM, and load again off original retail DVD's....and if that doesn't work, then there must be something in the database blocking it from making an .xml for a title that was previously entered. I will let you know what happens after this last step.

It's not the end of the world, as I can manually navigate by Dune folders to find actual stored folder and play that way...it's just that this is such a peculiar problem...and I have obsessive compulsive disorder, so little things that don't work right bug me. LOL!
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 7:33:49 AM

scott-tina wrote:
So are you saying that there is no possible way that the SQL (or some component of MM) would be blocking a rewrite xml if it had previously stored the title?

I am not saying that, no - I am saying that this was not the exception in the log you posted.

You are welcomed to post another log to confirm if the issue is the same on another device.

scott-tina
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 3:05:48 AM

Binnerup!!!!!

OK, now this is really weird...like Poltergeist weird. I was looking for a movie tonight on my Dune Solo player (TV), and saw the mysteriously missing show 24 - Season 6 that I have been having trouble with.

I went to my PC and MM, and for no reason, after several weeks now there is an XML and all jpg files for each of the 7 DVD's for that show's season 6, and it plays on the Dune==>TV !!!

I didn't do anything different, or change anything...it just somehow magically fixed itself after 2-3 weeks !!

So on the one hand I am VERY VERY HAPPY to see this, but on the other hand I have no idea why it took 2-3 weeks to register those missing files and now allowing it to be seen and played from MM with Dune player to TV.

I do database clean & backups every 2-3 days, and certainly at least 4-5 times during the time I was having problems...so that wasn't what fixed it.

Something weird caused this issue, and something else fixed it without my intervention.

Any parting ideas, and as always, I profoundly appreciate your support. It's why I donated another $50 to show my appreciation a few weeks ago! BTW, those additional 2500 points do not show on my account display.