Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

5.4 Issues Options · View
rporetti
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 8:14:56 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2619)
Numerous - and before I jump in it might be useful if there are some links to help regarding the new update. Please point me in the right direction.... otherwise I will have already many (probably naïve) questions.

IMHO: When I spend 10 minutes looking through a previously known interface, and I cannot even find my storage links for media, there is already high concern.

Rob

Rob

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Server: Windows Server 2008 - Client 1: Windows 7 64 - Home Premium - Client 2: Windows 7 64 - Professional - Client 3: Windows 7 64 - Home Premium
rporetti
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 9:32:28 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2619)
OK - found the "Edit" button.

Not sure why the "server" part of a client/server system has become some fancy GUI to display. Its counter to how a client/server system should work; and frankly puts more stress on the server for no reason. I guess I will keep my version in "Edit" mode. Thank God (binnerup) that it remembers to stay that way the next time its launched. :-)

Anyway; I did the update hoping that the extremely slow performance of 5.2 got sorted; either through a bug fix or perhaps an installation/configuration resolution. I am happy to report that it did the trick! Maybe its not back to its version 4 snappiness; but its close enough and for that I am very grateful.

Thanks to binnerup and the team on this release.

Rob

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Server: Windows Server 2008 - Client 1: Windows 7 64 - Home Premium - Client 2: Windows 7 64 - Professional - Client 3: Windows 7 64 - Home Premium