Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

5.40 & Windows Server 2016 w/ Essentials Options · View
fatfatnick666
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 2:09:12 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3527)
I recently ran the 5.40 upgrade that I downloaded from the site. When I try to connect from my clients I get the mismatch database error. When I go into my dashboard on the server and go into Collection Management it shows that it is 5.31 (Build 2). When I tried to download again it says it is already installed. Is the installer pack possibly wrong for the server? Could the download be fixed if so?

I would prefer not having to uninstall and reinstall. I suppose I will make a manual database backup just in case.

Thanks!
erik_n
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 8:33:30 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (12252)
I think you need to uninstall My Movies add-in and then install it again. You don't have to remove the database, but it's of course always good to make a backup just in case.

I had similar problems with WS 2012 R2 and from what I understand WS 2016 still have the Dashboard. After the add-in have been removed it's important to close and start Dashboard again to complete the uninstall, and make sure the My Movies tab is gone. Then it's always good to restart server before you start installation.

These threads might also give some help:
https://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=46425
https://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=46237

My home theather
My movies