Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Update Movie Path Options · View
sinfire
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2021 4:20:02 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (642)
Not sure if I am missing something, or if this is a feature that requires a higher level of access to access...

When I am on the My Movies screen, I am able to see a list of disc titles down the left hand side. Each disc title has a + sign next to it. If I click on the Plus sign, it shows a tree view with a movie item below it. I am able to edit most of the information on the movie page, except for the Path: field in the Personal Data section.

Is there something I need to do to set this field to point to the movie file that I have ripped from the DVD? or is this an enhanced feature for higher level members?
sinfire
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2021 4:42:36 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (642)
I was doing some playing around.... Looks like this field is editable if I add a new item in my database using the Movie Profile.

Question now is... Why wouldn't the movie entry that is a child of a Disc be considered a movie that I can add a location to the mp4 file? As opposed to having to create duplicate entries for all my movies. One for the disc version and one for the ripped movie file?
andycob
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2021 2:06:10 AM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (137310)
The generic movie layer of data attaches to a disc title as a sub layer of data based on the set IMDB ID but it is there simply as an additional sub layer of data. As it is a disc item that you have added to your collection you would still set the relevant paths under the discs tab of the disc title rather than the path on the generic data.