Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Missing Video type ( H.262 / M-PEG-2 VIDEO) Tag When Viewing Movie Page in Dune Player Options · View
smuro
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2021 4:51:20 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Hi,

If I update in CM a DVD title with anything for example change the description.........after clicking "save title"..............the "video type" tag box is blank when viewing that DVD title on my Dune player

I updated a few existing DVD titles that had the tag info and it turned blank after saving them

Using My Movies 5.40

This does not happen with Blu-ray's

Thanks!

smuro attached the following image(s):
20210306_105322smaller.jpg
20210306_105423smaller.jpg

binnerup
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2021 8:42:34 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (154341)
smuro
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2021 6:00:50 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Is this the one? I found this in the movie folder for office space

File Attachment(s):
mymovies.xml (41kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

smuro
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2021 6:01:54 PM

This is the one from Red Planet as it was with no current update

File Attachment(s):
Red Planetmymovies.xml (8kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

smuro
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 5:35:38 PM

Hi, Were they the correct xml files you were looking for? Thanks!
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2021 9:15:39 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (154341)
Yes - can you add the mymovies.xml for the movie that was identified correct?

From what I can see, it was unable to read the codec of this title...

VideoDetails FileType="DVD ISO" Format="MPEG Video" FPS="29.970" Codec="" ScanType="" AspectRatio="1.778" Width="720" Height="480" PlayTime="5352086" BitRate=""

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
smuro
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2021 12:16:38 PM

Here is the one for Red Planet. This movie was added awhile ago and has not been updated using v5.40

File Attachment(s):
mymovies.xml (8kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

smuro
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2021 12:18:23 PM

Any DVD title that I update by clicking "save title" in CM with v5.40 removes the video type tag that it had previously.
smuro
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2021 12:34:53 PM

I pulled the xml from office space from a backup that was done a few years ago. You can compare this to the one from office space that did not read it correctly

File Attachment(s):
OfficeSpacemymovies.xml (28kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

smuro
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2021 2:11:54 PM

The other thing I noticed is that the DVD xml files are not encrypted after clicking "save file" in CM version 5.40
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2021 9:23:02 AM

Ok - I would like a log of the store please - and, if you can, a date of the original XMLs (which can help me identify the difference in code).

It is expected that the files are no longer encrypted.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

smuro
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2021 2:29:06 PM

The Mission to Mars XML (Not Red Planet) was created 4-28-2015. A lot of my DVD titles were created several years ago.

I had version 5.13 before going to 5.40 and did not have this issue.

I will attach the log from C:\ProgramData\My Movies.........I did not disable and enable it. This log is basically from when I upgraded to v5.40

I tried a few things. See below:

I removed and DVD title from CM and added it back and the codec tag was missing.

On another PC with MM v5.40 I restored my current CM database. I built a new Index and all the DVDs were missing the codec tag

File Attachment(s):
log.txt (6,095kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
Mission to Mars mymovies.xml (8kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

smuro
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2021 2:37:56 PM

I have most of those XML files that have the codec tag from old backups that I do periodically.

I noticed that the "background.jpg" file located in the index in the duneTitles folder for each movie is a picture with all that info. If you update any DVD titles in v5.40 that picture has the codec box empty

I did some checking since you wanted the XML file original dates and all the XML files in the current movie folders have been decrypted and have a date of 2-13-21 which was the time the test index was getting created. I think it was due to creating a new test index on my other PC. The index was created for a test to see if that would fix the issue with the codec tags but it did not...........I checked my current index accessing it via the Dune and none of the DVD codec tags were changed even though the XML files in the movie folders have been decrypted. Seems like they were just decrypted but no data was changed.
smuro
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 1:35:20 PM

Can this be manually corrected?

This all worked before going to v5.40.

Since this issue has arisen I have paid more attention to the other tags and found another issue....The resolution tag on most of my movies now show 1080 and not 1080p.

99% of my movies are blurays ripped to ISO's using the m2ts files via DvdFab or ClownBD. I have done this for 10 years and not had an issue until now with the 5.40 version. The latest version of Mediaifo shows all my m2ts files to be progressive. So it seems whatever process in CM that generates the background image with the tags is not doing it correctly.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 8:32:20 AM

smuro wrote:
The Mission to Mars XML (Not Red Planet) was created 4-28-2015. A lot of my DVD titles were created several years ago.

I had version 5.13 before going to 5.40 and did not have this issue.

I will attach the log from C:\ProgramData\My Movies.........I did not disable and enable it. This log is basically from when I upgraded to v5.40

I tried a few things. See below:

I removed and DVD title from CM and added it back and the codec tag was missing.

On another PC with MM v5.40 I restored my current CM database. I built a new Index and all the DVDs were missing the codec tag

This log does not cover the mentioned title, but covers a lot of other things - please clear the log before reproducing, and then post the log.

binnerup
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 8:32:39 AM

smuro
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 1:02:58 PM

So I cleared log and updated 2 DVD titles Office Space and Mission to mars. I also updated a Blu-ray title Predator. In all instances the codec tag has been removed and I mentioned in an earlier post that the 1080p changed to 1080 on Bluray titles

File Attachment(s):
log.txt (721kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

Predator Background smaller.jpg
Office Space.BackgroundSmaller.jpg
Mission to Mars Backgroundsmaller.jpg

smuro
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 1:31:06 PM

Pictures of the background.jpg for each of the 3 titles before any changes were made to them:

.Predator before update BackgroundSmaller.jpg
.Office Space before update BackgroundSmaller.jpg

smuro
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 1:35:35 PM

The other one

.Mission to Mars before update BackgroundSmall.jpg

binnerup
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 4:44:23 PM

Ok, so - this appears to be a change in how Media Info handles the files.

Historically (and saying historically, because I have not specifically checked recent versions), MediaInfo, which is used as a separate DLL have been unable to just get an ISO file passed - it would stall on doing that.

So, the software then instead took the ISO and extracted the IFO files from DVD, and the CLIP info files from Blu-rays - these files specifically because extracting the full video was not an option - I expect that Media Info at the time when getting to read an IFO or CLIP file, it just guessed the media format would be MPEG-2 and 1080P, without actually being able to read the full media files, which would still be inside the ISO.

This approach seems changed in some version of Media Info, and it now likely no longer guesses, but leaves the info empty because it cannot know (the video files are not there).

This is one of the reasons we have always recommended VIDEO_TS folders and BDMV folders over ISO files.

There unfortunately is not much I can do about this - this is not a change in the software - I checked the history.. but we update the MediaInfo DLLs every once in a while and that is what have made the change.

Sorry, but no solution on this one except using VIDEO_TS and BDMV over ISO files.