Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

How to handle discs containing episodes from disparate TV series? Options · View
fleasus
Posted: Monday, April 5, 2021 6:21:40 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1387)
Hello

Can anyone point me to the "Approved Method" for handling discs such as these:

https://networkonair.com/all-products/1290-retro-action-volume-1-blu-ray-
https://networkonair.com/all-products/1291-retro-action-volume-2-blu-ray-

Each of these contains 5 individual episodes (remastered in HD) from 5 different TV series of the past.

For movies, the procedure for assigning multiple movies to a disc title is fairly simple, but I don't see any way to add multiple TV series to a disc title (only one series can be linked to a disc title). I can see that I could create 5 "phantom discs", each containing 1 title, and add them as child titles, but this is rather inelegant. The "written documentation" suggests something similar for sets containing several different series, but it's implied there that these are whole series on physically separate discs, which isn't the case here - here all episodes of the 5 series are on one physical disc (with a single disc-ID). Is this approach the approved/only way to do it?

Thanks

fleasus

andycob
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 3:51:26 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (137178)
Yes you would do it as in the guidelines for TV series box sets.

You would create a child for each different show (just as you would add a child for each different movie in a movie box set) and add the relevant disc(s) to each child and map the series data accordingly. It is not an issue that it is the same disc used on multiple childs, the same thing happens in a movie box set where multiple movies are on the same disc. You simply have the same disc repeated on multiple child items but with different mapping.